• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great Ocean Road - TEASER Video

I've been sitting on this for a while; i had planned to release this thrown-together "teaser" before posting a full 4minute video of Great Ocean Road drive highlights. But it doesn't look like I'll have time to complete a 4minute version anytime soon (due to work plus other NSX drives :rolleyes: )

So i'm posting this for now; don't expect a full version. Though I'm sure I'll be hounded after posting this. :p

<B>Short 50 second .WMV Format
Requires Windows Media Player 9 or 10</B>

<A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mike.macleod/GOR_drive_teaser_WM9_248kbit.wmv">Low Quality Version : For Dial-up Users</A> 1.5MBytes

<A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mike.macleod/GOR_drive_teaser_WM9_600kbit.wmv">Medium Quality Version : For Broadband Subscribers</A> 4.2MBytes

Apology's for it being so short and hacked.
Credit to <B>Dippy9, NSXBOX</B> & Huy.

Neo Brilliant!
Encore!!
Full version now haha

Dude!!!! NO WAY can you leave us hanging like that!! You gotta keep going on the full version.

NeoNSX said:
So i'm posting this for now; don't expect a full version. Though I'm sure I'll be hounded after posting this. :p

Apology's for it being so short and hacked.
Credit to <B>Dippy9, NSXBOX</B> & Huy.

Hi

I was just getting into the mood and it was finished. :eek:

Had to watch it again and again.. :D

Neo great work!

Ofcourse we will "hound you for more" :D

Regards

Nice video. Can't wait to see more :) . What I found funny was with the nonchalant music playing and the semi-slow motion video, I was expecting the music to turn into some fast heavy metal type music with some "exhibition" driving like driving, burning out, or something else crazy in the NSX with regular or faster motion video playing, like I would normally see on other car vids :p

Newman said:
Nice video. Can't wait to see more :) . What I found funny was with the nonchalant music playing and the semi-slow motion video, I was expecting the music to turn into some fast heavy metal type music with some "exhibition" driving like driving, burning out, or something else crazy in the NSX with regular or faster motion video playing, like I would normally see on other car vids :p

Hi

I really liked the music. What is it? I have heard it thousands of times, but now I can not remember.

Neo's video reminded me of the movie which can be downloaded from Prime somewhere with the yellow NSX. Nice smooth driving which mirrors the true spirit of the NSX.

Wow..getting sentimental here :D

Regards

Fantastic work Neo... You make us Aussies NSX all proud mate! :D

thanx; glad you guys enjoyed

Thanks guys, glad you guys enjoyed it. It's not that professional: I think experienced video editors out there will look at this and see its shortcomings. Full kudo's to <B>Dippy9</B> and <B>NSXBOX</B> - it's their 'props'. :D And also dippy's cousin who took the footage with both NSX's from the Prelude.

I forgot to mention the music at the end; my bad. :p It's called "A Time To Say Goodbye" and it's one of dippy favourites.

<B>Newman</B> : Yeah, fast crazy movies are a little cliche (but still cool :cool: ). For the crazy high-speed driving, burnouts, cops in pursuit, and wild women movie, check out <A HREF="http://science.howstuffworks.com/question608.htm">Get Away in Melbourne</A> DVD ... Mr.X <I>might</I> know Dippy... :rolleyes: :D

BTW, FOR ANY MAC USERS HAVING DIFFICULTLY PLAYING .WMV:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/Macintosh/osx/default.aspx

BTW, FOR ANY MAC USERS HAVING DIFFICULTLY PLAYING .WMV

When you do eventually make your 4 minute version, I hope you release an MPEG-4 version of the sequence as well. WMV9 compresses well, but man does the quality ever suffer! It doesn't do your creation justice...

BTW, do you edit in FCP4.5? I just started getting into it recently from the end user perspective (as opposed to supporting it from the driver side!) and it really is quite decent compared to some of the other editing packages I've used in the past (Avid, Media100 etc).

Gee great work mr mikey.

Pics and Video...you are a must at all drive days I am sure.
err... his company is pretty good too. :D

Now if only we can round up NSXMF and FLIGHT for a run maybe when NSXBOX comes down again in a couple of weeks, hmm, mate you might have to get the camera ready again, oh wait you have the sydney one to do first!!!!!

Wow! great video.

You or someone should make a video for the NSX expo, I will definitely buy it, we need DVDs for our events, Supra guys have Supra Invade Las Vegas dvds, TX2k3, TX2k4 dvds, we have nothing :(

I love you man! That is the best presentation of NSX I've ever seen even if its short. I love the music too. Its a work of art. More please.

Mac Users having problems... read this...

More compliments! :eek: If I'd known i was going to get this much interest i would i put a little more effort into it. A HUGE THANKS also to whoever posted me a reputation point + more nice comments. :eek: that took me by surprise.

Here's a special version for Ken and any other Mac users who feel left out:

<B><A HREF="http://members.optusnet.com.au/~neonsx/GOR_drive_teaser_low_quality.mpg">Low Quality MPEG1 Version : For MacOS Users</A> 3.5MBytes</B>
(i didn't want to do an MPEG1 version... quality is too blocky)

<B>Dippy</B> : Hurrah! Finally you noticed this thread! :D LOL... yeah, i still have the Sydney drive to do... :rolleyes: Thanks, your compliments mean a lot because afterall... IT'S YOUR NSX!!! :D :D :D

<B>Arshad</B> : I've heard a LOT of good things about FCP4.5 from buddies in the industry. But i'm stuck with Premiere 6.5 at the moment because of a project i've been doing for the past 18mths -- i can't change now. :( I experimented with MP4 last year when the tools were still immature and hence wasn't impressed. I'll might consider your suggestion... it's a good one. WMV does suck but the export wizard is EASY! :p lazy, i know... i know... :D

Two words: blue balls

Gotta have more!

Someone asked for the name of the song: Time to say goodbye by Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli. The first time I heard the song was at the water show at the Bellagio in vegas. Awesome. :D

Back