• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greater Cincinnati Service Help?

Hello Greater Cincinnati NSXer's,

I'm a Newbie and in the process of acquiring a NSX from another region of the country and bringing it back home to Cincy. The car will need deferred maintenance issues to be taken care of almost immediately after it arrives here... The car is out of warranty. So where to go?

I've tried to seach for comments on NSX Prime, but have come up with really nothing to steer me to one dealer or another. Is their a favorite wrench of everyone who really knows the NSX around the area.
( Dealer or Independent wrench)

Any recommendations or additional information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Silverwing

Hello Greater Cincinnati NSXer's,

I'm a Newbie and in the process of acquiring a NSX from another region of the country and bringing it back home to Cincy. The car will need deferred maintenance issues to be taken care of almost immediately after it arrives here... The car is out of warranty. So where to go?

I've tried to seach for comments on NSX Prime, but have come up with really nothing to steer me to one dealer or another. Is their a favorite wrench of everyone who really knows the NSX around the area.
( Dealer or Independent wrench)

Any recommendations or additional information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Silverwing

SourceNSX (Brian Urlage) here on PRIME. His shop (SOURCE ONE AUTO) is in Milford, OH (NE side of Cincy). Brian is first class. His tech, Justin, knows NSXs 100x better than either of the Acura Dealers in town. I would NEVER take my NSX to Superior or Columbia Acura. Most of us from Indy - Cincy - Columbus use Brian's shop.

Last edited:
Yep, that was an easy one- Brian/ SOURCE and his faithful sidekick Justin, hands down.
Welcome to the board. There are several great NSX'ers in the 'Nati. What part of town? We have awesome guys in N. Ky, Milford, Fairfield, Bright Indiana, Indy, the 'Ville etc..
Blowers not necessary- but highly recommended- unless you're CL65!

Blowers not necessary- but highly recommended- unless you're CL65!

It's only a matter of time ~ ie when I'm not "Comair broke". :redface:

But then I will have to learn how to drive it all over again. I actually drove a whole session at Putnam in 4th gear. Either the brake pedal is full down or the gas pedal is. It's a great learning tool on the track as if you are not smooth or you overdrive the turns it will bog down like a go cart when you blow a turn.

I actually drove a whole session at Putnam in 4th gear. Either the brake pedal is full down or the gas pedal is. It's a great learning tool on the track as if you are not smooth or you overdrive the turns it will bog down like a go cart when you blow a turn.

I thought you fixed the breaks (apparently how it is spelled these days...:frown:) so you should be able to use them now?

I thought you fixed the breaks (apparently how it is spelled these days...:frown:) so you should be able to use them now?

I did fix the brakes. It was the proportioning valve.

I had a student that was very, very aggressive. He was going in deep, threshold braking and thinking he was going fast. He was over braking and not carrying speed through the corners. So in order to reign him in I made him drive his very underpowered Ford Focus (150hp) in 4th gear the whole track so he could learn MOMENTUM. If you don't carry momentum and aren't smooth a 150 hp car will really show it exiting the turns in 4th gear because it will bog down BAD. If you keep your speed through the turns and don't brake so damn hard you can keep going like you are cruising. It worked - GREAT. The next session I let him go back to using 3rd and he braked less, carried the speed and knocked about 10 seconds off his previous times (using 3rd & 4th).

So I decided what's good for the goose....

Silverwing,

I would love the opportunity to service your NSX. We do ALOT of them..

We do have TONS of experience with them and I am personally a 11 year owner of one.. Well not the same one but you get the idea.

We have access to any oem,performance,custom part imagainable for the NSX.

My cell number is 513-300-9122 and the shop number is 513-722-0223. We would be happy to help!

Thanks for the info guys,

I will hopefully pick up the "new to me" NSX over the next weekend.

I will try to make the grill out on 10-10-2009 at 3:00PM.

I live fairly close to your shop in the Loveland area.

Seeya,

Jeff

Source1 has done all major work on my car and I highly recommend them. I live 2 1/2 hours away, and it is worth the drive. I have lost faith in any dealership. Brian et all saved me a lot of money on the work they did, and have given good advice on the care of my car.

My car would defiantly not be in the sexy state it sits currently without Brian and Justin. I feel 100% safe letting them do everything to my car. I never have to worry about how the car will be treated or driven when I drop it off.
They respect your ride.

Back