• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Green or black?

next to each other in the daylight...even RAIN...they look different...but any other time and the green looks black in all but the brightest light.

Rain.jpg

Hey,
I got blk on blk because thats the color I most prefered. Honestly, if I came across a perfect green one, I would have gotten it. I think it looks awesome. But the reason I personally picked blk was because its simply classic!IMHO. But hey, I think the NSX is awesome in any color(OEM, and some aftermarket schemes)!! I think it just depends on your personal preference. Good luck with you decition. Oh yeah, blk is a b!tch to keep clean, ask anyone of the Houston guys that have seen my car!!
biggrin.gif
hehe, man, its dirty. I plan on detailing her this weekend.
biggrin.gif

Regards
Z

NSXTASY raises a good point in that the Brooklands Pearl Green cars were only available in '94-'95 and will cost you more than say a '91-'92 Berlinetta Black. They are rare and harder to find than black and especially hard to find with the onyx interior, only 50 made in that combination. I had to look for a good while to find mine but it was well worth it.

The green is unique and looks great when contrasted with my polished HRE wheels and red brake calipers. The color is bright enough to show the contours and nuances of the bodywork while still being a "dark" car. In certain lighting it even takes on a blue cast...very cool looking. It is a three stage paint and has alot of different hues which come out in different lighting. The black, IMO, is so dark that you lose some of the scoops etc as they don't stand out as much. My car has often been mistaken for black at night...so, I see it as the best of both worlds. Remember, green means GO!

Originally posted by TampaBayNSX-R:
NSXTASY raises a good point in that the Brooklands Pearl Green cars were only available in '94-'95 and will cost you more than say a '91-'92 Berlinetta Black.

It is indeed a good point, but it was raised by Michigan NSX, not by me.

The green is unique and looks great when contrasted with my polished HRE wheels and red brake calipers. The color is bright enough to show the contours and nuances of the bodywork while still being a "dark" car. In certain lighting it even takes on a blue cast...very cool looking. It is a three stage paint and has alot of different hues which come out in different lighting.

I have always wanted to see Green with HRE wheels and red calipers. Could you post some pictures?

Thank you.

NSXTASY raises a good point in that the Brooklands Pearl Green cars were only available in '94-'95 and will cost you more than say a '91-'92 Berlinetta Black. They are rare and harder to find than black and especially hard to find with the onyx interior, only 50 made in that combination. I had to look for a good while to find mine but it was well worth it.

IMO, green with the onyx interior is absolutely gorgeous. If I could opt for one of those, I definitely would. But with only 50 made (less than 20 in 94 alone) I'm not keeping my hopes up. I did however see one being auctioned on eBay, so I guess you just never know when they'll pop up.

[This message has been edited by RaptorX (edited 04 September 2002).]

I love my 96 red NSX when it's sitting next to my black 2001 Ford truck, especially on that one day a week my truck is clean. If you want attention, get red.

------------------
Wayne

I have the green. It was hard to find in perfect condition with mileage under 30K, but I found one. OK, it had 31 K. Expect to pay a slight premium. It looks great in any light. It does look black at night. In the daytime it shows off the NSX shape better than black. It is also slightly easier to keep clean looking than my black Lotus.

------------------
Happy Motoring At all Costs!

Originally posted by Tiger740:
I have always wanted to see Green with HRE wheels and red calipers. Could you post some pictures?

Thank you.

Tiger,
I'd be happy to post some pics for you but I'm not sure how to do so. If you'd like I can post some with help or just email them, let me know.

I'd be happy to post some pics for you but I'm not sure how to do so.

Click here for instructions I just posted.

If you don't have a publicly-accessible website, there are services you can use for this (some free!) such as Imagestation.

I say go black all the way.
657014.jpg

[This message has been edited by NMYMIRR (edited 06 September 2002).]

TampaBayNSX-R,
I like you car with the new wing, look very nice with the upgrades that you have
smile.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey

Ken,
Thanks for the help! We'll give it a shot...

That car is simply gorgeous.. WoW
eek.gif
eek.gif

I had a BMW motorcycle back in the early 80's , who's color was called "classic black". It was actually very close to this NSX green, and most of the time looked more green than black. It had gold pin stripes, and really looked nice. I always thought it would be a great color for a car. I've seen Rich from NH's green NSX, and it really is beautiful.

Originally posted by nd4spd:
WOW! Are all three yours and is the red one a Pantera?

No, all three are not mine, just the one in the middle. This was taken at the Festival of Exotic Cars in Mount Dora, Florida back in February. That is a 512BB Ferrari to my left and a Detamaso Pantera to my right.

Back