• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Greetings from the Galapagos Islands

A few more (for now...)

47186668-L.jpg

47186724-L.jpg

47194747-L.jpg

47202059-L.jpg

47186690-L.jpg

47195618-L-1.jpg

47201849-L.jpg

47194758-L.jpg

47194751-L.jpg

47195908-L.jpg

47201953-L-1.jpg

47195709-L.jpg

47201994-L.jpg

47167927-L.jpg

Last edited:
46995135-L.jpg

i love this bird!!! crazy feet & beak, drab body....
what is it??

jalnjr said:
46995135-L.jpg

i love this bird!!! crazy feet & beak, drab body....
what is it??

That is a red footed booby. There are three types of endemic boobies in the Galapagos, the red footed, the blue footed and the nazca (aka "masked") boobies.

Absolutely *Amazing* !!!
<----in awe...... The "Polaris" looks like a Research Vessel.... (marine biologist/lucky guest)? Gorgeous,. . . love the 'baby and mama/papa pics'

MiamiMermaid said:
Absolutely *Amazing* !!!
<----in awe...... The "Polaris" looks like a Research Vessel.... ? Gorgeous,. . . love the 'baby and mama/papa pics'

Thank you.

The Polaris is a research vessel operating solely in the Galapagos through Lindblad Expeditions. They are heavily involved in the conservation of the area and repatriation of the tortoises in areas where they had been killed off. Funds raised through excursions such as the one I went on help to fund 10-14% of the budget of the Darwin Research Center in the Galapagos. This particular excursion was geared to hosting photographers and I was working with former columnists from Popular Photography (just a hobby - I am a trial lawyer by profession).

RSO 34 said:
Thank you.

The Polaris is a research vessel operating solely in the Galapagos through Lindblad Expeditions. They are heavily involved in the conservation of the area and repatriation of the tortoises in areas where they had been killed off. Funds raised through excursions such as the one I went on help to fund 10-14% of the budget of the Darwin Research Center in the Galapagos. This particular excursion was geared to hosting photographers and I was working with former columnists from Popular Photography (just a hobby - I am a trial lawyer by profession).

What a Blessing! Enjoy ! And thank you So Much! for sharing!!!

Re: Heavenly Site

MiamiMermaid said:
I was wondering the same thing. Absolutely amazing photos!! Wow!!
46954827-L.jpg
Aww, the lil' crabbie looks like he's praying ... awesome*:wink:
That is because he spotted Donwon and myself moving in on him with a bowl of drawn butter.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bob,
You wanted it so here comes the professional critique. Your photos as usual :eek: SUCK:eek:

What suck's is that you are there taking fantastic photos and I am here where it is currently cold and dark:mad:
By the way who is taking all of the fantastic photos you posted:tongue: :tongue: :confused:

Composition 10, Subject Matter 10, Lighting and color rendition 10, we can discuss the rest upon your return. I think there are several publications that would kill for this coverage. It's too bad you let that legal sh*# get in the way of a promising (but not too profitable) career as a photographer.

Let me know who is on board from Pop Photo I used to know many of the editors from my Spiratone and Berkey/Beseler days.
Good luck with the rest of the trip and let me know when you get back and I will come up to edit a "show" with you:smile: Have a fantastic time and by the way did I tell you that you "suck":tongue:

Unfortunately I am now back to reality. The PopPhoto guys were Tim Davis and Renee Lynn, the former nature columnists as well as Eddie Soloway who teaches out in New Mexico.

Thanks for the ego boost! :biggrin:

Bob, just watched March of the Penguins, some amazing scenes there, almost as good as yours, welcome back!!!:eek:

Incredible colors and clarity !!! Made me forget that I'm supposed to be doing work on my compu.......Oh, yeah..Anyway, your photography is beautiful !!!
Take care.....

Back