• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Short(er) Antenna Replacement - Guppy Attack

Get the one with cable in case you need it. Google shark antenna NSX and it will show quite a few websites including nsxprime on how to install it on the NSX.

After having a few shark attack antennas, I found the installation of the locking nut was far easier to install after removing the drivers side tail lamp.

Necroing this thread. From my research it looks like both the Guppy Attack and the Shark antenna are now discontinued. Been searching around for a replacement antenna. Anyone have any suggestions?

I ordered the following from amazon.com: Metra 44-UA46 and the Blox BXAC-00511 Antenna Mast.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5655.jpg
    IMG_5655.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 493
I ordered the following from amazon.com: Metra 44-UA46 and the Blox BXAC-00511 Antenna Mast.
attachment.php

Nice option! How's the reception? Any wider photos of your car with it installed?

My antenna mast was broken when I bought the car and the previous owner had the OEM antenna motor unplugged. I think the FM reception sounds better, I haven't tried AM yet so I can't comment on that. I have only tried it within the city limits. I will snap some pictures when I go out for lunch.
Nice option! How's the reception? Any wider photos of your car with it installed?

attachment.php
Good find! I have a similar set up. Shark attack with shorter aluminum antenna. For me it is just a decoration to fill the Oem antenna hole. I get terrible reception unless in a city. But also remember I am in Northern California so almost everywhere I am surrounded by hills or mountains.

Here are two wider shots. I was originally going to change out the broken mast, but as I was replacing it the motor stopped working. I got this more for looks and a cover for the antenna hole. As far as AM reception, it is non existent. FM reception seems fine.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX_ANT01.jpg
    NSX_ANT01.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 459
  • NSX_ANT03.jpg
    NSX_ANT03.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 458
Looks good! Will have to pick one up. Thanks for the tip and pics!

Has anyone tried a simple blanking plate?

Back