• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Drive to Prescott - Saturday 7/15/11

Sorry for the short announcement. :redface:

Chase (RedWings) and I (Mike) are going on a quick drive in the mountains to Prescott, then stop at the Pavillions on our way back. Anyone is welcome to join us.

Itinerary for Saturday:

-leave from I-17 & Carefree Hwy at about 3pm
-take Carefree/Hwy 74 to Hwy 60, then to Wickenburg
-Hwy 89a to Prescott
-Hwy 69 to I-17
-101 to the Pavillions 6:30 / 7:00pm

Please PM me or Chase and we will give you our number. We all could meet up at the Starbucks at Carefree and I-17 at about 2:30-2:45. I will keep checking back on this thread until tomorrow afternoon too.

Mike

Just before heading up Yarnell Hill we stopped at the gas station and ran into a Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky car club (about 10 cars).
Really friendly folks with some nice cars.

Reminds me why I enjoy driving, meeting, chatting...
good folks that share a passion for the vehicle and its intended use

It was a PERFECT day for a run and very little traffic all the way up to Prescott... ya shoulda been there :biggrin:

I'm usually up for a drive, as long as it involves twisties.

I'm up for something, I need to get some new shoes for her though. Any of you have recommendations?

I think OYATL's got some for sale. Believe he just got new kicks. :)
Anyone down to meet up Thur night for a get together near Chandler?
Say after work around 5 or 6pm where it's not so hot (meaning still in 90's, haha)?

Hey FR,
I'm running BFG KDW NT's front (225) and back (245) on my stock wheels. Like the blocky tread pattern and treadwear rating. No complaints with handling, etc.
Tim.

I guess it will depend on what you want out of the tire. Max tread life? Max dry traction? How much you want to spend? You like blocky or semi stretch tires? :biggrin:

I have no regrets so far on my Yokohama S.drives. I really have it pushed the car with them on yet. Ok compromise between dry traction and tread wear.

I think OYATL's got some for sale. Believe he just got new kicks. :)
Anyone down to meet up Thur night for a get together near Chandler?
Say after work around 5 or 6pm where it's not so hot (meaning still in 90's, haha)?

yea thursday night works, call it..

Back