• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-R Scam FAIL

I remember seeing this video last year. If I remember right, it belonged to some Cal State student. I thought lucky bastard to be able to own a GT-R. Then he crashes it. Now I know how he is able to afford it, by trying to pull scams like this. :rolleyes: Ah well he got busted. Note to self remove videos off YouTube. :tongue:

http://jalopnik.com/5493550/nissan-...-insurance-fraud-after-crash-vid-hits-youtube

He's an idiot. Had he just claimed the insurance and let it be they would have paid and then dropped him. It happened on a public road, even though he was driving reckless. He got busted because he fabricated the story behind the claim.

BTW: My carrier, State Farm, finally put in an exclusion for driving on a track (HPDEs) this year when I renewed. BUT..... street racing is covered. :mad: Guess HPDEs would be considered high-speed driving, but the definition of high-speed is debatable in court. :tongue:

EXCLUSIONS:

(1) off public roads and being prepared for, used in practice for, or operated in any racing contest, hill-climbing contest, jumping contest, or any similar contest; or

(2) On a track designed primarily for racing or high speed driving. This exclusion (2.h.(2)) does not apply if the vehicle is being used in connection with an activity other than racing, high-speed driving, or any type of competitive driving.

hmm.. wonder if theres any truth to that story. for all i know, he could just argue that it was someone else's GTR. no shots of the driver, no plate numbers etc...

I doubt he can claim it was someone else's.....the video evidence shows that the damage of his car and the one in the video is consistent....also the body shop that had his car stated that they have been holding his car for months before he made another claim of crashing his car. He's pretty much Fcked....but with a good lawyer I am pretty sure he will just have to pay fines out the ass and probation.....I doubt he's going to do any time.

This is should be a good lesson for all those parents, sisters, and brothers who give their kids/siblings cars like these.

Last edited:
hmm.. wonder if theres any truth to that story. for all i know, he could just argue that it was someone else's GTR. no shots of the driver, no plate numbers etc...

Spoke with my GF tonight who works for AAA Insurance and says the record for that GT-R is on their news letter regarding "scams to watch out for". So it looks legit, the guy is in jail.

He's an idiot. Had he just claimed the insurance and let it be they would have paid and then dropped him. It happened on a public road, even though he was driving reckless. He got busted because he fabricated the story behind the claim.

Agreed.

Back