• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTG / drive? phx to tuscon

Mt lemmon run?

I am in.

Dunno.

I went up past Windy Point last weekend in the NSX and it was nice. No snow and a great drive at 6,000'+. Starting to get a little snow (off the road) at 7,000'+. Top of Lemmon is just over 9,000'. I did not go that far as I got a late start. I think Summerhaven is open for skiing, so you probably can't go all the way up but I know you can get well into the Pines.

I think I can do the 8th.

What's the agenda? (Meals, attractions, timing, etc)
Are we doing Tucson/Lemmon or something else?

If Tucson, we can do as much or as little as people want. I'm new here, but there seem to be a few interesting places around town. I'll toss this out for discussion.

Tucson attractions:
-Desert Museum in Marana (NW Tucson)
-Pima Air & Space (SW Tucson)
-Old Tucson (by Desert Museum)

Retail areas:
- Lots of stuff in Oro (NW Side)
- La Encantada is nice enough (N side)
- NE side is OK, but not exceptional

Access to Lemmon is on the NE side.
Agua Caliente park might make a nice staging area.

Last edited:
Sounds like fun. Count me in.

I'll be working as usual on the 8th, but if Heather can find a babysitter she might join in for a bit depending on the schedule of events down here. We'll keep our eye on the thread to see what develops.

How about if we meet in Chandler at 10am on Saturday (2/7). There is a parking lot on Whole Foods off HWY 101 (exit Ray Road). The market is located at intersection of Mission Park Blvd and Ray Road.

We can decide on which road to take and where we can go for our drive.....

ok guys...if we want to do something on saturday...
we should meet up with the cars and coffee guys...there is a caravan getting together to run up to scottsdale...there is normally 100+ cars or so...with a drive after....

we will be meeting at dobson and baseline @ 9:30-9:45....

if we want a tuscon drive on sunday, we can plan that too

If it doesn't rain I'm in.

Back