• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTSpec front lower brace

I just noticed this is on a Targa. They removed a triangle brace and replaced it with a less functional square brace. I hate to say it but these guys are making braces for the sake of braces. There's a reason why Honda designed a triangle brace in there guys.
This one looks pretty cool. And only $225!
nsx-558.jpg

I just noticed this is on a Targa. They removed a triangle brace and replaced it with a less functional square brace. I hate to say it but these guys are making braces for the sake of braces. There's a reason why Honda designed a triangle brace in there guys.

Squares PWN Triangles!!!

personally... I like the concept of the front bar... even more than a type r lower bar... the lower rear bar is in an area that doesn’t need bracing IMO.. flex doesnt exsist at the strongest point.. it shows its self at the weakest point.. the engine beam and sub frame will crack before they flex since they are cast

As far as the RSTB... I just don’t get it.. the rear shock towers have a pivot bolt style connection. It allows upward and downward movement...

1) The materials - on point

2) Quality of craftsmanship - on point

3 )A couple other choices like hardware, connection pivots and a blue only color that matches no NSX color...

4) Why didnt they know about NSX prime... they seem like they designed the parts a while back

I like what they are doing... kinda scratching my head a bit though

Not to completely derail the thread.. but one of the things I'd like to see a brace bar for is connection the "interior b pillars' where the seat belts clip into behind teh seat.

Yes, I know you can just get a brace bar... however, those make it a pain in the ass to work with.. and I don't car about that functionality.

I'm searching around for what might be for another car, but the same length. Haven't measured it, but I'm thinking maybe 4 - 5 ft or so?

Kind of like the 'upper' brace in this picture: http://media.photobucket.com/image/seat strut brace/jeh987/25062008035-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back