• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H.I.Ds

Joined
2 April 2003
Messages
149
Location
vancouver b.c.
Hi there, just wondering what kind of H.I.Ds do the nsx fit, I have a 91 and am wanting to buy some, but dont know which ones will fit, are they made special with each different car or are the compatible?

thanks in advance..
 
You need to get some 9006 type HIDs. Most kits should fit. Doing some research into which brand was best, it was almost universally accepted that Philips is the best. There are a lot of fake Philips parts on the market so make sure you buy from a reputable dealer. There are a lot of McCulloch kits floating around too but last I heard, McCulloch doesn't make them anymore. You can find those on eBay for about $300. I bought my Philips Ultinon kit at HID Online. They cost twice as much as the cheap kits you can find on eBay but I didn't want to take any chances. The Philips kit is also easy to tuck underneath the headlight assembly to keep everything hidden.

XenonDepot.com has the Philips kit for $449 and they are a reputable dealer as well.
 
Last edited:
I have a friend here in Montreal who is selling sets for $350 CDN. He is currently getting me a set for my NSX. All of our friends are using these kits on our cars and bikes and we have yet to have any problems with them. You can PM me if you're interested and I can get you more details.
 
MidniteNSX said:
I have a friend here in Montreal who is selling sets for $350 CDN. He is currently getting me a set for my NSX. All of our friends are using these kits on our cars and bikes and we have yet to have any problems with them. You can PM me if you're interested and I can get you more details.

Are they NSX-specific kits with the modified weather seals and all that? Or are they just generic kits that you'll have to spend a bunch more time to install properly on an NSX?
 
xsn said:
Are they NSX-specific kits with the modified weather seals and all that? Or are they just generic kits that you'll have to spend a bunch more time to install properly on an NSX?

Modifying the weather cap does not take much time. You just need to drill a hole in the right location and run some wires through. My Philips kit just needed a 3/4" hole I cut with a hole saw.
 
Malibu Rapper said:
Modifying the weather cap does not take much time. You just need to drill a hole in the right location and run some wires through. My Philips kit just needed a 3/4" hole I cut with a hole saw.

How did you seal it? Seems like you would need a grommet or silicone RTV or something. I'm not saying it is rocket science, it's just more work.
 
xsn said:
How did you seal it? Seems like you would need a grommet or silicone RTV or something. I'm not saying it is rocket science, it's just more work.

The Philips kit came with a 3/4" grommet attached with the wires running through it. I think most kits come with a similar grommet. Pictured below is a "McCulloch" bulb.

1099434559523_bulbs_picture_1fix.JPG


The tricky part is getting the 9006 connector in the weather cap. So I just poked a hole through the grommet with my awl and ran a single wire through to the harness. Some people run the HIDs without the weather caps on. I haven't heard of anyone having problems without the weathercaps but I figure Acura put them there for a reason.

 
Not the best but here is a pic of mine:

FrontDriverHID1.JPG


Got them from www.xenonking.com

Completely 100% plug and play

McCulloch 6100k kit with warranty cheaper than anyone I've seen sell them for here.
 
Back
Top