• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H&R SPRINGS & CAMBER...

Hi to all !!!
I installed in my car a set of H & R springs which lowered it. It is a 1991 black, and now the camber is more than 3 degrees...
I wanted to keep the original rims and tires, but the body of the car is very large. So I would like to buy some wheel spacers, but don't know where to find them and the correct dimension. Please let me know a place where I can find them...
Anyway, the boy which is working on my car told me that he cannot lower this camber rate anymore (actually it is 2.9 degrees) because of a physical limit of the regulation of my car. Is it true ? What should I do now ? How can you guys mount lower springs without my problems ??? Sigh...:-( Help me...
Best regards to all from Italy and hope to find answers to my questions...
Cristiano

2.9 - 3 degrees negative camber is indeed the least you can get with the H&R springs on stock height perches. Great for corners but a bit rough on tire wear. (I run -3 degrees on mine.) There is not a readily available solution, but several time people have said that it is possible to modify stock components to get more adjustment, but never offered details. I intend to investigate this myself over the winter while I have my car apart. If I find a solution I'll post it.

Sorry, but I have no info on the spacer question.

You can buy adapters to push your wheels outward to sit flush with the fenders. H&R makes these adapters in different sizes, so make sure you order the right one.

Do a search on here using the word "adapters(or adapter)," and learn more about them.

Or...You can email Pronto3000(Enrique) and ask him for his assistance. He has experience with the adapters, and can give you the correct part number to order. I believe you'll need 2-made for the ITR, and another 2-made for a legend. I forget which one goes on the front/back.

Do the search, or email Enrique.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Cristiano,

I uses 25mm spacer/adapter front and rear, and they fit perfect. My car is also lowered with H&R springs. Like SJS said, the rear camber would have to be at least -2.9 degree.

you are in Italy, would probably cheaper, to buy locally, or in neighborhood countries. Get some local car magazine and browse thru the ads.

Good luck

Just to clarify, the hub spacers will make the wheel offset more positive, but will not significantly affect the negatve camber.

My suggestion is to change the toe in the rear to near 0 since you are running some much negative camber. This will help to reduce tire wear.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

Originally posted by dswartz:
Eibach springs are higher than H&R springs in the rear. Could this be to address the camber problem?

As I understand it, both front and rear are higher, but the rear a bit more so. That may be to minimize camber change as well as keeping a very slight nose down attitude. The only thing I don't like about the H&Rs is that they are dead level with new tires (with Bilstein or Koni), which means slightly nose up as the rears wear faster. That's a bad thing at high speed and looks dumb as well, although I'd guess most people don't notice it.

Hi all !
I went to another guy, which reduced rear camber to -1.6°... !!! The front is actually at -1.4°.
Remember not to trust completely one guy for your car regulations...this is the example !
Ah ! Thanks, Chris, for the hint about reducing toe-in.
The back of the car is, in fact, lower than the front. But I can say this just after an "eye" impression. We should measure the car's height at front and rear. Or you already did this ?
Regards to all who answered me... Cristiano

Originally posted by Mantra:
Hi all !
I went to another guy, which reduced rear camber to -1.6°... !!! The front is actually at -1.4°.
Remember not to trust completely one guy for your car regulations...this is the example !
Ah ! Thanks, Chris, for the hint about reducing toe-in.
The back of the car is, in fact, lower than the front. But I can say this just after an "eye" impression. We should measure the car's height at front and rear. Or you already did this ?
Regards to all who answered me... Cristiano

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but is it possible that the 2nd guy is wrong and the 1st guy is correct? After installing H&Rs I did my own alignment (along with the alignment guy) on a top-notch machine at a BMW dealership. There was now doubt about the minimum camber available on the back. It is a very simple eccentric adjustment and you just rotate it until it goes over center, from decreasing to increasing, then back up to the minimum point. My results are consistent with all others I've heard.

If you can, take a picture from the rear at ground level and post it. The difference between 1.6 and 3 is quite visible.

The front sounds plausible.

I have a set of 18 8.5 inthe front and 19 10.5 in the back and I had a 3 plus negative in my car I took it to Miami Chasis and alignment in Miami Floria and it sit on a 1.5 cant go more than that it still a little neagative in the rear but oh well the front is staright as a n arrow

Originally posted by NosNsx:
I have a set of 18 8.5 inthe front and 19 10.5 in the back and I had a 3 plus negative in my car I took it to Miami Chasis and alignment in Miami Floria and it sit on a 1.5 cant go more than that it still a little neagative in the rear but oh well the front is staright as a n arrow

But wheels are not the issue with these adjustments. How much is the car lowered with springs?

i was in the understanding that H&R, and Eibach and even Neuspeed were all the same for the nsx's and unless you went with a racing spring insted of the sport spring you were getting the same...

in fact dosen't Eibach own H&R?

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 15 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by smoore (edited 15 December 2001).]

Originally posted by smoore:
i was in the understanding that H&R, and Eibach and even Neuspeed were all the same for the nsx's and unless you went with a racing spring insted of the sport spring you were getting the same...

The same in what way? Regardless, the answer is no, they are not the same. Eibachs are a progressive rate spring (softer the first bit of compression then progressively stiffer.). The H&Rs are linear. (the resistance increases linearly as it is compressed.) The rates in general are quite different between them.

By all accounts, the H&Rs lower the car more than the Eibachs by ~3/8 inch.

I can't tell you about the Neuspeeds, But I'd be surprised if they were not somewhat different still.

Back