• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

H4 Bi-Xenon Conversion GT-One HL

Has anyone here done the HID H4 Bi-Xenon Conversion for their GT-One headlights? I saw several kits on eBay but have no idea if they are any good or is it better to retro fit bi-xenon from another car?

Thx

This (H4 kit) is the one I've been looking at on ebay. Wondering if anyone has used these?

attachment.php

Color tempertures available
attachment.php

Price seem to be ok for USD $96 + $30 s/h from Japan

Found two YouTube videos in Spanish on how the H4 Bi-Xenon works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6RWNL4-JBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP0BJrPllt4

Attachments

• ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 557
  • ebay2.jpg
    ebay2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Do you have the gt-one lights yet? Remember, you will need to purchase a new bumper, bumper support, and hood at a minimum; also, you will need to modify your wiring harness to accept H4 bulbs, which the gtone lights use.

Once your new $1400 gtone lights arrive you will be shocked to discover the carbon fiber construction is actual a $10 pepboys carbon-look sticker, and if you look inside of the housing you will discover these lights have the optics of a flashlight. (a silver painted cup with a bulb sticking through the middle).

If you're serious about installing these you will need to retrofit some kind of projector into the housings, or they will glare like crazy. The way the bulbs you posted work are as follows: the bulbs are activated, and warm up as your low beams. When you want a high beam there is a solenoid in the base of the bulb that rotates it towards the reflector cup - this doesn't generate a stronger beam, it simply alternates between glare (high beam) and less-glare (low beam). By retrofitting a proper bixenon projector into the lights you will have a cut off pattern, and a properly functioning high/low functionality, as well as improved range of your light beam.

This tackles the optics of the lights, which need to be entirely replaced, as far as the aesthetics... you can paint the inside body color, on a red car this might look good, there is also a widebody nsx in Japan with white-painted gtone lights, which looked acceptable. The finish they arrive with is your choice of a horrible looking silver, a flat black gel coat, intended for paint, or a vinyl sticker with silver squares intended to resemble carbon fiber (these are sold as the gt04 'carbon version')

On my set of gtone lights I had the inside piece remade in carbon fiber (the lights come apart into the lexan piece, a middle layer, with the finish, and the bottom bucket), and I am sending it out for a true bixenon retrofit next week. It would be much easier to simply purchase oem lights :cool:

Do you have the gt-one lights yet? Remember, you will need to purchase a new bumper, bumper support, and hood at a minimum; also, you will need to modify your wiring harness to accept H4 bulbs, which the gtone lights use.

Once your new $1400 gtone lights arrive you will be shocked to discover the carbon fiber construction is actual a $10 pepboys carbon-look sticker, and if you look inside of the housing you will discover these lights have the optics of a flashlight. (a silver painted cup with a bulb sticking through the middle).

If you're serious about installing these you will need to retrofit some kind of projector into the housings, or they will glare like crazy. The way the bulbs you posted work are as follows: the bulbs are activated, and warm up as your low beams. When you want a high beam there is a solenoid in the base of the bulb that rotates it towards the reflector cup - this doesn't generate a stronger beam, it simply alternates between glare (high beam) and less-glare (low beam). By retrofitting a proper bixenon projector into the lights you will have a cut off pattern, and a properly functioning high/low functionality, as well as improved range of your light beam.

This tackles the optics of the lights, which need to be entirely replaced, as far as the aesthetics... you can paint the inside body color, on a red car this might look good, there is also a widebody nsx in Japan with white-painted gtone lights, which looked acceptable. The finish they arrive with is your choice of a horrible looking silver, a flat black gel coat, intended for paint, or a vinyl sticker with silver squares intended to resemble carbon fiber (these are sold as the gt04 'carbon version')

On my set of gtone lights I had the inside piece remade in carbon fiber (the lights come apart into the lexan piece, a middle layer, with the finish, and the bottom bucket), and I am sending it out for a true bixenon retrofit next week. It would be much easier to simply purchase oem lights :cool:

It's a 2003 so it should be almost plug and play. The OEM HL where in bad shape. I did read your other post regarding the CF sticker. ready of the one... lol
What marker light did you use for yours?

PS
worldaidsday.gif

Last edited:
Well I found the difference of the $100 and the $200 bi-xenons on eBay.

Most seller on ebay are selling the fake and cheap Bi-xenon kit with the bulb that moves up and down, so it hits the reflectors differently, those are the Cheap one and doesn't do the job, the only good conversion kits are the true bi-xenons that will have a shield on the low beam so there's not much glare. then on high beam, a solenoid removes part of the shield so it behaves just like the high beam filament. this is how OEM bi-xenon projectors hid work on bimmers, mercedes, acura, lexus, etc.

attachment.php

Can anyone confirm this?
Thx

Attachments

• 45078643tz2.jpg
    45078643tz2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 454
Last edited:
Back