Handing over the reigns (bay area members)

Ever since I joined the bay area chapter NSX club from its inception in '95, I've been active with the club and even more so when I bought my NSX in '97. I took the initiative to make a club website and have been maintaining it to the present day. A few years ago, I organized monthly club lunches as a way for club members to meet each other if they can't make our club events. Many members have come to know me as the Bay Area NSX club representative and main contact.

Eight months ago, I made a career change and my weekends have become unavailable. With little free time left, I can't spend as much time with the club only being able to make it to a club meeting every now and then. Many ask me about future club activities and find it difficult to provide them an answer. Not living in the bay area doesn't help either.

A club member has volunteered to handle all future club meetings and events. Many of you may know Shane Leung, going by Random Harmony here on NSXPrime. He has volunteered to be our new bay area chapter representative/event coordinator. Shane has been with the club for some time and has a good roadmap to take our bay area chapter club events to the next level. Please direct all your inquiries to Shane for future club events ([email protected]). I will continue to post event info from this forum to the NSX Mail List as well as maintain the club website.

I look forward to seeing you all at one of our future club events when I get an opportunity to do so.

Vytas

Hi Vytas!
Thanks for all that you've done for us over the years. I really appreciate all the effort and enthusiasm you've provided. Thank you for your knowledge and friendship.

Hi Shane!
I am sure you will be able to infuse your energy and organizational skills to make the Bay Area group a fun one. Although I haven't been to the meets in a long time, I still like to keep in touch with alot of the members. I hope to get back into becoming more involved. Let me know if I can help.

Take Care,
J.

Vytas-
Thank you for all that you have done for the NSX and the club. I wish you the best in your new career and hope you will get your weekends back soon. Thanks again for many years of hard work.

I echo the comments above.

Folks, let's show our support and appreciation to Vytas who has been a true trooper and enthusiastic supporter of the NSX community, and especially for the Bay area. For years, his website has helped us all to draw and promote events.

Shane, we look forward to working with you and hope to see you and your fellow NSXers at THill on 5/27, our next NSX outing.

Hrant - NSX-T 98
NSXCA Sacramento Chapter, Member #495
VP and Director of Performance Driving

Vytas,

Thanks for all of your hard work over the years, you have been the voice and the face of the Bay Area club since it was formed. We have missed you since you took you new job, but I guess making moeny comes in handy. Hopefully you will gain enough senority soon that you can at least get the occasional first Saturday off.

Shane, Thanks for stepping up to provide some direction to the Bay Area group. Hopefully you will have the time to help get some functions organized. I just want everyone to know the club treasury has some funds to support activities in the Bay Area, so if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Tom Kohrs
NW Regional Rep.
NSXCA
96-T Red/Black

Vytas,
Thank you for your dedication, commitment and enthusiasm as our past Bay Area representative. You are a great guy and you are partly to blame (as Lisa would say) for my NSX obssesion - j/k. I sometimes find myself looking for an answer to an NSX-related question that isn't covered in the FAQ and end up thinking "Vytas would know - I'll check with him". Thank you for teaching me how to replace blown BOSE amps, thank you for teaching me how to regrease window tracks, thank you for teaching me how to install the window fix-it thingies and thank you for doing a beautiful detail job on my Integra! You are a true enthusiast. Let me know the next time you plan to be in my 'hood - dinner is on me.

Shane - glad to see that you are the new Bay Area rep. The Dyno day was a blast and I look forward to the events for the rest of the year. You have good ideas and I think the members will enjoy whatever you set up for us.

Ahhh...group hug :smile:

Thank you all for your support! I am by no means leaving the club. I'll try and get out as often as I can and continue helping my fellow NSXers like I have before.

Thank you all. :smile:

You've done a great job Vytas. I look forward to continuing to see you at the events -- when you can get the time off.

Shane, welcome and thank you for taking this on! :smile:

Chip

Last edited:
Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone, I look forward to collaborate with all members, and make our club more active and fun. Vytas did a great job setting up the club, and I hope we can really take off this year.

I think I want to emphasize that this club is as much my club as it is yours; it’s for all bay area NSX owners and much more, so please feel free to make ANY suggestion or if you have any ideas. Life is too short to be dull, we work hard at our job so we can afford our toys, let’s enjoy them to the fullest while we still can.

Let the adventure begins. :wink:

Shane, Congrats! if you need any additional help with the meetings like us know.

Hooters Meet in June! Yeah! :biggrin:

Vytas, you were practically the first member I met in the Bay Area club. Jackie was actually the first! Thanks for all your effort to make the club meets happen. I hope your new career works out so that you'll have plenty of free time to drive the NSX more often. I hope to see you soon.

ChopsJazz said:
Vytas, you were practically the first member I met in the Bay Area club. Jackie was actually the first! Thanks for all your effort to make the club meets happen. I hope your new career works out so that you'll have plenty of free time to drive the NSX more often. I hope to see you soon.
Didn't you meet ME first? :biggrin:
Steve

Back