• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

happy camper

Just wanted to report that I now have headers and exhaust on my 91' . I thought it might be a little too quiet [Comptech]but after driving it some I like it. I am a "geezer" and like it somewhat conservative. Seems like I lost a little on the bottom end but gained on the top. Just seat of the pants feeling. Anyone else feel like that or have any dyno stats? I also had some old injectors redone by RC and installed them the other day. Very pleased with the result. Injecators looked brand new when returned and the car idles smoother and starts with just a touch of the key. John

Last edited:
Just wanted to report that I now have headers and exhauston my 91' . I thought it might be a little too quiet [Comptech]but after driving it some I like it. I am a "geezer" and like it somewhat conservitive. Seems like I lost a little on the bottom end but gained on the top. Just seat of the pants feeling. Anyone else feel like that or have any dyno stats? John

I am in Fort Worth as well and just had Cantrell headers, test pipes and a comptech exhaust installed on my 91 and i think it is too loud. What exact set up are you running that is so quiet?

Above 4,000 rpm my exhaust gets way too loud for my liking.:confused:

I am in Fort Worth as well and just had Cantrell headers, test pipes and a comptech exhaust installed on my 91 and i think it is too loud. What exact set up are you running that is so quiet?

Above 4,000 rpm my exhaust gets way too loud for my liking.:confused:

Probably the test pipes that are making it loud. I have just the comptech headers and exhaust and it is too quiet for my taste. I have a set of test pipes that i'm going to put on and hopefully it will gain a bit in volume.

Probably the test pipes that are making it loud. I have just the comptech headers and exhaust and it is too quiet for my taste. I have a set of test pipes that i'm going to put on and hopefully it will gain a bit in volume.

I was worried about that. I will probably drive it as long as i can stand it and then buy some free flow cats to replace the test pipes. I hope that is the cause of the unwanted noise because i am told that the comptech exhaust is amoung the closest to stock sound but it sure doesnt sound that way when i have it WOT.
I also think the comptech has a hint of droning which i dont care for but i am going to meet some other owners with different setups and find one that i like before i buy again because these exhausts are too expensive to be swapping out all the time.
Also, i dont think the sound clips are much help. I thought the clips i heard sounded great but my car is much higher pitched than the clips i heard of similar setups.

Back