• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anybody got the .pdf for Hugo's window fixit install?

My search turned up a couple of 404's on prime referencing the pdf on the Hugo Window Fixit install. I did it on my previous NSX & I thought I remembered a document as well, in addition to the video. I'm doing it now so if anyone has that pdf, please let me know.

My search turned up a couple of 404's on prime referencing the pdf on the Hugo Window Fixit install. I did it on my previous NSX & I thought I remembered a document as well, in addition to the video. I'm doing it now so if anyone has that pdf, please let me know.

They are in the post I linked in my previous post, but here's the direct link to the pdf.

(Note, I know nothing about this product or these instructions, just found them while searching Prime yesterday...)

And here's the video (complete with terrible music), that I also know nothing about lol...

The egregious music was kind of standard for DIY videos from the end of the last century. I remember similar music on a video for repairing the door switch on my Panasonic microwave oven. The .pdf instructions are probably better. The video brought a bit of a flash-back because I recall that I almost got motion sickness from trying to follow it.

As long as you don't mangle your inner window trim during removal at the start, the worst part of the kit install is getting the cable back on the internal spool in the regulator drive correctly. No magic advice, just keep trying.

Thanks everybody!!! I installed 3 last year with no problems but I remembered the pdf was easier to follow for me than the video and I couldn't find it. Neither are thorough, so probably best to check out both. Just did my driver's door, but I'm thinking of waiting on the passenger side since it's still working perfectly. If anyone else does it, the spring compressor widget I posted in the 3D printing sub-forum sure makes it a lot easier than that clamp Hugo uses. Also, be sure to put the slider back up to the top before you add the geared wheel and the spring. If you assemble it with the slide at the bottom and move it up with the motor afterward, the spring isn't tensioned & disconnects itself, as I found out.

Once I pretensioned the spring at the top by 1.5 turns as suggested by Hugo, I ran the mechanism down with it open & checked the spring - lots of travel left. My window works great now, but I think I'll pull it out & grab some teflon sliders from SOS for longevity before I put the panels back on, since I'm waiting on amp caps anyway.

Last edited:
Hi there! I experienced the same problem with 404 errors while searching for the PDF guide on Hugo Window Fixit installation on Prime. I've previously gone through this process on my NSX and recall there being a helpful document along with the video. I'm currently in the midst of the installation once again. My colleague sent me the necessary documents in the form of screenshots. U can edit it with any online converting tool.

Hi there! I experienced the same problem with 404 errors while searching for the PDF guide on Hugo Window Fixit installation on Prime. I've previously gone through this process on my NSX and recall there being a helpful document along with the video. I'm currently in the midst of the installation once again. My colleague sent me the necessary documents in the form of screenshots. U can edit it with any online converting tool.
The link to the pdf is in post #2 and post #4 of this thread.

Hi, I'm new to nsxprime and glad to be finally active! I've had my Silverstone 2005 for 4 years now.
I have over 40 years of design experience, and have designed two great devices for our NSXs.

The RX is a frictionless pulley assembly that replaces the static nylon guide on the window regulator. Use it in conjunction with the Science of Speed yellow window guides. Both of my windows are like butter now.

The RSX is the Rear Sash eXtractor. My passenger side sash removal was a nightmare, so i created this small tool to help with the driver side. It makes the sash arm removal portion of the job a breeze! Attach the tool to the sash arm, turn the knob, the arm pops free. Contact me at [email protected] for more details. Steve

Back