• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has anyone painted NSX-R on the side skirt

Has anyone painted NSX-R on the side skirt? I believe this is the piece right below the door jam? I was thinking of following the NSX-R logo and painting this in black with a red R right in this area to provide a little
racing touch - your thoughts?

stickers/vinyl/airbushing/fire/stripes do not add racing touches ;)

keep it clean bro. I'm assuming thats your car in your avatar, it looks great, dont ruin it with something "ricey" like a NSX-R logo.

thats like the kids that put type R stickers on their integras, and GTR stickers on their...saturns?

I thought decals made the car go faster and look sexier? :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

I thought decals made the car go faster and look sexier? :wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Actually, it adds 1HP per letter when you add stickers. :tongue:

Steven,
It's your car, do what you want, but as you can see, most NSX owners would not add that sort of decal/sticker/etc on the sideskirt. Basically, if it doesn't show NSX-R on the part from the factory, it shouldn't be on there. Again, just my opinion. It's your car.

Steven -
I have to agree with MickeyLex... it's your car, do what makes you happy.

But since you asked for opinions, mine is that your idea wouldn't look good and would "cheapen" your car.

There are two choices when modding the exterior of import cars. Clean and Rice. Go with the clean look!

OK, I think I understand the theme of the replies and thank you for your input.

I have not seen any NSX that has that but I think it would look cool. I am not a big fan of stock is the best. I like to look at cars that look good and have little things that stand out. Do what you like but from what I see with my car people that are young like it more that stock people over 40 . the old guys dont like it much.

I have not seen any NSX that has that but I think it would look cool. I am not a big fan of stock is the best. I like to look at cars that look good and have little things that stand out. Do what you like but from what I see with my car people that are young like it more that stock people over 40 . the old guys dont like it much.

HEY NOW!! I AM NOT OLD!! I AM......oh wait...nm I am old....damn alzheimers...:tongue: :biggrin:

Don't paint, if you want to experiement with it, DF sells the stickers for 5 bucks. If you don't like it, take it off.

I agree. Try the decals, you can always remove them. I have a set for my wing. I have not put them on yet, are those the same size as the side skirt decals mentioned by DF? If so, you can have mine.
Ray

Don't paint, if you want to experiement with it, DF sells the stickers for 5 bucks. If you don't like it, take it off.

lol...I agree with the "It's your car and do whatever you want that makes u happy". I started with 1 blue led plug-in inside my car, and I got addicted to it! Have like 4 strips (3 feet per) around the inside of the car plus a few more plug into the 12v. I always felt odd and immature when I have them on, but when I saw my car, driven by my friend, it was the coolest thing I've seen in a while! Especially in a dark street where u only see my car's interior eminate a blue haze. It was carefully thought out, not to make it look like the "neons" from the early '90's underneath the car. Do as u please and be proud of it. The sticker a good advice. Just like I can take the lights down anytime in an instant.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it until you are done with the type r exterior either. :cool: Having type r on a car that is a work in progress might make people scratch their head.

So I know Steven has since sold his NSX, but I came across this thread during a search. I KNOW I've seen pics of someone who put the NSX-R decal on their side skirt of a black car, but I can't find them. I want to say it was Erick (Evof575gtc) but I'm not sure. The NSX was very tastefully modded IMO, with just 02 conversion IIRC. So, my question is, who knows where they are or can repost them if they have them on their computer?

I read the thread fully and knew people would throw out the same criticisms but I don't modify my car to please anyone besides me. Traditionally I have not been a fan of stickers myself either but I've been really bored with the car and like to change it up a bit from time to time, and I feel the NSX-R decal is just an additional "touch" and not a bold statement. I'm not trying to pose my car as an NSX-R but I just like the way the decal looks, and anyone who knows anything will know there are no NSX-Rs in the U.S. To me, it is not blasphemy to take pieces I like from it here and there to modify my car. It's not like I'm sticking a turbo sticker on an NA car. Additionally, many people put these on their type R spoilers and I don't really hear people accuse them of being posers for that. I already ordered the decals from Peter before I posted this bc I thought it looked good on that car, but I want to double check the photos again to check placement and make sure I like it. I'm going to give it a go regardless, and if I don't like it, decals are easy to remove too.

Now, who has those photos?

Last edited:
That would get ALL the attention from you local ricers! Please don't do it. You have a very nice, tastefully modified NSX, putting sticker on it only cheapens it. :frown:

+1

But the only exceptional label to me would be "SENNA", and it's fine with NSX.

1 sticker adding 5 HP
1 new oild change adding 5 HP
1 car wash adding 5 HP
1 auto detailing adding 10 HP
Just kidding.

Last edited:
I washed the car to put them on and I am reconsidering it a bit but I need to see some pics or make my own I guess. Probably should post a request in the pic and vid forum which gets more hits.

Back