• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

haters!!!!

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just ignore the stupid comments. I have gotten some wierd comments from a couple of friends of mine. One said I was a pimp for having that ride. I wasn't quite sure how to take it. He has been over to the house but never showed any interest in seeing the car. My other friends have gone for a ride and really were positive after I bought it. People can be funny about stuff like that.

The fastest way to shut them up is to let them drive it.

All that hating is all posturing. It means, dude I would like to drive your car, but that won't probably happen. So I'll clown on you instead.

yes, the title is true, especially the younger you are. People that work with me are confused how someone as young as me with the crapy job i have can afford what they call a "94,000 dollar car". The first day i took it to school it was only there for 2 hours and i think someone spit on the fender then tryed to wipe it off :(. People hate what they can't have......F those people.

The fastest way to shut them up is to let them drive it.

All that hating is all posturing. It means, dude I would like to drive your car, but that won't probably happen. So I'll clown on you instead.

I try not to tell certain friends that i even have the car because i know they gonna ask to test drive. And when they test drive, I know they gonna abuse the shit out of it and I dont even abuse it myself

How old are you and your friends? This whole thing sounds pretty juvenile.:confused:

for each of your "friends" thats been stressin you i wonder how many prime members you could replace each with lol

anywho dont change :smile:

Don't worry about it man. Just be yourself, stay true, enjoy your nice ride. Some of my friends joke around with me but I don't let it bother me. One of my friends mentioned he collects baseball cards while I collect cars. Haha. I just laugh at it. You pay your bills and you work hard. That's what you earned.

I say dont let them drive it,,, I will be your friend,, any other prime members wanna be his friend? lets see how many we can get for this guy,, Im 35 but I know I can Funnel more beer than anyone!!! LOL

Curious... what cars do they drive? If they're not car enthusiasts, they probably don't know how affordable an nsx can be now. Like you said, an NSX is definitely attainable since the years have gone by, even with a modest income. Since you just got it, they're probably just teasing you. I wouldn't worry about disowning them quite yet :smile:. Tell your friends, work hard, play hard!

I say dont let them drive it,,, I will be your friend,, any other prime members wanna be his friend? lets see how many we can get for this guy,, Im 35 but I know I can Funnel more beer than anyone!!! LOL

count on me when you in orlando lol so your good from tampa to orlando :biggrin: with 2 new friends lol...x

I just bought mine not long ago, and all my friends were stoked about the car. The first week I had I took everyone for a ride, each one had a big cheesy grin when it was 'their turn.' I'm 23, my friends basically the same. But they all realize how long and hard I worked to buy the car and most of them are 'car' guys.

But with that said, I have had a lot of poeple 'hate' on me for it, but not only do I not care, but they are only guys I work with or guys that I barely know. People think because I'm young that either I'm loaded or my parents are, and they give me hell for it. And trust me, as much as I wish I were loaded, I'm not, but I'm still the same guy as before. But as far as I'm concerned, as long as I still love driving the car everytime I get in it, I will drive it no matter what anyone else thinks.

Long story short, enjoy the car to it's fullest, pay no mind to the haters, and don't let it change who you are.

Just my 2 cents.

PS If you ever in up north (NS, Can) I'll rock the east coast with ya

Last edited:
Well said. Often, the reactions from people really are a reflection of how they feel about you, not the car. If you come off as a show off, you could be driving a Corvette and get blasted. I remember during the registration night of NSXPO in Oregon, Miled aka SennaPerfected and I were looking for places to have dinner. Being out of town, we decided to just follow a group of NSXers to whereever they were heading. The group of NSXers we were following totally ripped the street out. Stomping on the gas as much as they could and acting like total pricks and hot shit driving the NSX on the city street. Luckily, there are things called traffic lights that cut a few cars behind so they had to wait. When we caught up, the crazy driving resumed. Miled and I were debating if we should just peel out and eat somewhere else instead of following the crowd. But before leaving the group, we got to the destination. The point is if one drives a nice car and acts like a prick, people would react accordingly. NSX is a special car, there is no doubt that it will draw attentions. Most are cheaper than a SUV so it is important not to make a fool of oneself and act like a pompous jerk. Afterall, it is no big deal to be able to buy a used NSX; to many people, not even a new one.
Steve

I agree that it's NO BIG F$%& deal to buy a used NSX, c'mon that's what 20-30k? That lady in the SUV spent more money than you....what you trying to show off? The notion that you own an nsx and can drive like a prick makes the rest of us look bad.

Now go home and find some new friends....:rolleyes:

hater H8R

Back