• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have You Seen the Real Wood Dash Kit in an NSX?

Real wood dash kits for the NSX are cut from different woods by laser and are for sale at a shop in Scotsdale, AZ. (available at http://www.exoticwooddash.com/). Has anyone actually seen these real wood kits installed in an NSX? The dark burl walnut might look great, but only if it is as well done as in a Jaguar or Aston Martin. However, I think those are molded, not cut. Does anyone know if these laser-cut real wood dash kits are cheap junk or good quality? RSVP

I've got a burlwood dash kit in my tan interior NSX. It's looks good. in my opinion it looks better than carbon fiber. it makes the panels look "FLUSH" with the dash. meaning the console is set down about 1/8" and the kit is just about that think. LOOKS GOOD!
smile.gif

Yo Runutzzzzz, thanks a lot for the rapid input. My NSX also has tan interior, and I'm thinking about getting the dark burlwood kit. You've got me very interested now, but the web site does not show photos of the dash installed in an NSX, so it's difficult to for me to imagine. Do you have the ablity to send in some good quality digital photos of your installed kit? If so, maybe Lud might be interested in posting such photos somewhere prominent on the NSXPrime site for others to see. Can you get a couple digital photos of your burlwood interior?

I just put in a carbon kit from Exotic Wood dash and the quality is pretty good but the customer service sucks. I would not expect great service. The quality of the fit is pretty good but I think that the form is a bit off. It looks like the kit is about a mm short on the center section. The door panels are a good fit and I recomend removing your door handles to facilitate installation. For $200 it is a pretty good deal. I put it in mostly to cover up scratches on the dash. Good luck.

Hiroshima

Hiroshima: What do you mean that the customer service "sucks"? Can you be more specific about the problem you encountered at Real Wood Dash kits? RSVP.

Originally posted by NSXY:
Yo Runutzzzzz, thanks a lot for the rapid input. My NSX also has tan interior, and I'm thinking about getting the dark burlwood kit. You've got me very interested now, but the web site does not show photos of the dash installed in an NSX, so it's difficult to for me to imagine. Do you have the ablity to send in some good quality digital photos of your installed kit? If so, maybe Lud might be interested in posting such photos somewhere prominent on the NSXPrime site for others to see. Can you get a couple digital photos of your burlwood interior?

My car is in the shop for a new engine!
smile.gif
I WAS going to take pics of my car with the kenwood 907 and DVD player but my digital camera got stole!
smile.gif
Trust me the Wood makes the car look good. Personal prefrence.

Runutzzzz:

1) Did you get the medium burlwood or dark burlwood?

2) Any problems with customer service?

Sorry for the nodescript post.

By sucks I mean this:

when I called the first time I was greeted by a woman names christy. She asked me what kind of car and all that rot. Then asked me what kind of wood, I said carbon fiber.

She asked the silver and black one?

me: No I just want the plain black carbon

her: Well the plain carbon is silver and black, that is what carbon fiber looks like.

me: No, actually carbon is a black material that may reflect light that may look silver but I am really just looking for the plain carbon.

her: pause,... I guess I will that that one slide.

me: <click> I hang up and call back, talk to JD and the manager and discuss Christy's lack of customer service and her argumentative attitude.

Late after I got the kit, there was a small corner that did not have the epoxy covering hte carbon (black) I called and asked what the procedure was to get a new one. The person I talked to (not christy) said to put it in an envelope and send it in and they would send a new one. Since is was the center console unit I told them that may not work. I suggested that he send a call tag for the unit, He proceeded to tell me that that would take too long and I should just send it in. Not wanting to argue anymore, since it was not my fault that the product had a defect, I replied that I would and ended it there.

In all my days of ordering from a mail order shop, they usually go out of their way to make sure that the customer is satisfied. I was expecting that they would send a new center piece. They did not.

In my opinion the NSX should have carbon fiber. Since wood seems to be reserved for luxury cars, Benz's, Bimmmer's, Lexus's, etc. Carbon fiber seems sporty or racy, just like the NSX. I've got the ivory interior in my 91 and I'm going with carbon fiber becase since the center dash section is black and the top half of the door is black, black carbon fiber will blend better. But thats my opinion.

Back