• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Having to click multiple times "back" button on Prime

I have been experiencing a problem with Prime, an annoyance, not really of much consequence but I thought I'd ask. I have this problem both with my home computer and other laptops, so I'm not sure its root cause is within Prime or in the browsers I am using (IE 9).

Intermittently, I have to hit the "back" button numerous times before it IE actually does anything. I checked View -> Go To and found on some screens there are sometimes numerous bogus addresses I have to click through.

For instance, today on one screen I found 9 entries of "http://adserver.revscinet/rtbads/googl"

and on another "Facebook Cross-Domain Messaging helper" (twice), and "http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/x".

Is this a control setting or option within my browser or is this someting from Prime or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Having the same issue:mad:

Same here.....I didn't bother mentioning it, but since I saw this thread, thought I'd chime in. :tongue:

chrome helped me

with my standard old windows 7 brouser I was like back in the 90's for site performance.....so chrome helped with speed and backbutton.

How so? I use Chrome and I've been experiencing this issue.

Are you sure it's the same issue? I use Chrome extensively and have never seen that problem, and if you read through some of the other reports people say it only happens in IE.

Are you sure it's the same issue? I use Chrome extensively and have never seen that problem, and if you read through some of the other reports people say it only happens in IE.

Yes, I'm using Chrome and I just looked to see what version:

Version 26.0.1410.64 m
Google Chrome is up to date.

While viewing a thread, if I click the "back" button, it simply reloads the same page. Example, on this very thread, if I click back once, it will just reload this same thread. I have to click the "back" button twice/double click to get back to the previous page.

I just checked another forum that I frequent, "MB World," and I do not have the same issue there.

Again, not a huge issue, but since this thread popped up....I thought I'd chime in.

Clicking back issue {ongoing}

Clicking back to the previous page is getting harder and harder. It's been ongoing for quite some time now. I have to click maybe 4/6 times to get it to go back. Then it may go back as far as my computers home page. I've done this on "several" different computers {even at hotels} but seems to be same issue on all.

Even though I'm not affected by this bug (I'm using Chrome), I say disable facebook connect, as no one is using that feature anyway.

I've been experiencing a different problem, on my home and work Windows 7 machines. If I try to edit a post in advanced mode (right after submitting a post), the page just hangs and never fully loads. I have to close the tab and go back into the thread in a new tab to make it work again.

Last edited:
Even though I'm not affected by this bug (I'm using Chrome), I say disable facebook connect, as no one is using that feature anyway.

Actually quite a few people use it, but I just disabled it at least as a test. Can the people who were having this issue confirm whether it is now resolved with FB Connect disabled?

I haven't been having "back button" problems lately on this site, but started having it happen on another site I frequent. Strange.

Actually quite a few people use it, but I just disabled it at least as a test. Can the people who were having this issue confirm whether it is now resolved with FB Connect disabled?

Would someone who was having this problem let me know if it's fixed or not? Otherwise I'm turning FB Connect back on.

Seems to be working well for me lately. I don't know if that facepage thing had anything to do with it as I've never been on fb once in my life.

Same here. Working great lately. Only downside is now I spend more time on Prime than doing my work.:redface: Before I'd get aggravated and get back to work.

Back button on IE and prime

I have a strange problem with NSX prime using internet explorer. The page back button has stopped working. This has been for about a week now. It's only IE, I use safari and it is fine. Everything else OK, just you hit back and nothing happens. I have verified this on multiple PC's at home and work.

Has anyone else had this issue? Seems to only be happening on prime. Other websites seem to all work fine. Can someone else try it on a desktop using IE and tell me if all is OK? How can I have this be happening with multiple PC's?

There are ads that do that. Click and hold the back button and see the history and you'll see the ad url there if that 's what is doing it.

Back