• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hawaii

Hugo (aka "Hugabuga" on Prime) has offered to come to Hawaii to perform his window regulator and window guide upgrades if we can find 5 NSX owners who want to have their windows upgraded for faster travel.
He charges $100 for the plastic pulley upgrade parts and $100 for the Teflon guides.
Hugo charges $125 for labor if the door panel is removed and $200 for labor if he needs to remove the door panel.

I already bought both sets of parts. Is anyone else interested in having faster windows?

Last edited:
I'm interested as well! I both Hugo's first window regulator solution, I still need to get the teflon guides as well.

I also know someone else on the island who bought his kit as well...

Let me know if we can make this happen

Brian

I'm in. I'm trying to buy the kit now. Either way I'm down as one of my window guide is cracked already.

PS. If I can get my brother to jump in we may have another on my old GPW that my brother currently has.

I'm interested as well. Do we have to order the parts before Hugo arrives? Are there plans to meet together as a group to perform this window upgrade? Let me know, thanks.

I'm interested as well. Do we have to order the parts before Hugo arrives? Are there plans to meet together as a group to perform this window upgrade? Let me know, thanks.

Don't know if he would be bringing any if he indeed makes it here, but I ordered my kit already and its on the way.

Hugo (aka "Hugabuga" on Prime) has offered to come to Hawaii to perform his window regulator and window guide upgrades if we can find 5 NSX owners who want to have their windows upgraded for faster travel.
He charges $100 for the plastic pulley upgrade parts and $100 for the Teflon guides.
Hugo charges $125 for labor if the door panel is removed and $200 for labor if he needs to remove the door panel.

I already bought both sets of parts. Is anyone else interested in having faster windows?

Does he any help on the install? :biggrin:

I may be shipping my car to the mainland sometime soon so my car may not be here when Hugo is here. I think my car won't be back in Hawaii until the end of September after NSXPO.
Is anyone willing to wait until October to have Hugo do the window upgrades?

I may be shipping my car to the mainland sometime soon so my car may not be here when Hugo is here. I think my car won't be back in Hawaii until the end of September after NSXPO.
Is anyone willing to wait until October to have Hugo do the window upgrades?

I'm in no rush. I have the update regulators so my window regulator wont break. It's just annoying and needs adjustment.

I am taking my car to the Pasha drop off on Monday May 9th for shipment to California. My engine will be rebuilt and I'll put some track time on the car. Then I plan to drive it to New Jersey for NSXPO. After NSXPO I'll drive it back to CA & ship it to HI.
That means my car won't be in Hawaii until late October.
Are you guys willing to wait until then?
If not, you could have Hugo come to Hawaii some time this summer and I'll watch him do the work so I can do it myself.

October is fine with me. I definitely want to be around for this, and I'm going on a trip in July, so that month is out for me.

Steven, word has it San Francisco has put in their bid for NSXPO 2012. If they get it I really want to meet my NSX friends from the Bay area (MikeC, Ben, EDUB, and couple others) and attend. I also wanted to ship my car up and take it to NSXPO too if I can afford it. If you can make that trip that would be great.

nice to have a Hawaii section in prime =)

just a heads up the s2000 folk are doing a podium raceway meet tonight at 9. meet up at the nex starbucks at 8pm

come on down

Well, I got my window kit in so I'm looking forward to this happening. If its not going down let us know so I don't wait forever. I think I can do it myself, but I rather watch and learn from the pro. Also would be nice if Hugo can align my window too:biggrin:

Chris, I sent Hugo a PM 5 days ago letting him know that my car went to the mainland until NSXPO. I haven't heard back from him yet.
Feel free to send him a PM if you want to know if he'll come to Hawaii soon.
I'd be happy to watch and learn as he upgrades your windows.

Let me know what you find out.

I have not communicated with Hugo for a few months. My car is on the mainland getting ready for the drive to NSXPO. It will be back in Hawaii at the end of October. Perhaps we could get him to come over in November or later to get him out of the cold.
How many people would want to have his window upgrades?

I haven't talked to him about it. However, I did buy a used drivers side window regulator to install the kit on. If anybody wants to get together sometime we can all crack it open and try the install together on this spare window regulator as a practice run. I didn't want to chance it on my original just in case I couldn't put it back together:eek:

If you ever do decide to try to put that window regulator kit in, let me know, I'd like to see if it is really DIY, since I have very little mechanical skills. LOL

I saw Steven was about to contact Hugo via the Vendor page. Looks like he is still interested in coming to Hawaii, so if all goes well he might make it here yet.

I'm hoping he can align my windows as they are pretty off.

See the new thread in this section "Hugabuga's Hawaii window upgrade tour" to get your name on the list for Hugo to personally upgrade your windows.

Back