• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

headlight body alignment

I did a search and found some information buttttt----Boy, getting those covers to algin correctly with the hood and the fenders----Oui Vey!! I know there are two bolts that hold the rear of the headlight frame to the body and there are two lower bolts that drop down and have nuts to loosen which require you to get behind the plastic inner fender---but getting to that lower inner nut---is like impossible without removing tons of stuff! The actual painted covers have just about NO adjustment to the headlight frame so ----. Has anyone had luck getting to those lower (top down) inner nuts to loosen the assembly---any tricks or advise?? I hate body panel alignment as to do it right, it takes a lot of time and patience. I've got 3 hours into it so far and I made things worse!! Thanks guys, I appreciate any suggestions or help you can provide. :confused:Huck

I had the liner off mine the other day and took the opportunity to re-align the LH headlamp - the gap to the fender was uneven. As you suggest, I loosened the two bolts behind the headlamp up top, and the two nuts on the studs that protrude downwards. I was able to get to the lower nuts quite easily using an extension. Then, having put some masking tape on the fender and the headlamp housing, I gently pushed a plastic trim tool into the gap to force the headlamp housing over and give me the alignment I wanted. With the wheelarch line out, it took 10 minutes and I didn't have to remove anything else. Good luck.

Back