• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!

Hi again. Well today i bought a new battery for my nsx and now when i try to putt the positive cable on my new battery the cars factory alarm (horn) goes of so loud. What do i do i putt the key in the driver side door and tried to opena nd close but it wont do anything. Man i hope its nothing major. Can some one please tell me what to do soon
smile.gif
thanks mustafa.

this is normal. just have your remote or someone w/ your remote next to you when connecting the battery. as soon as the horn sounds, turn off the alarm while keeping the battery connected and that should be it.

------------------
Xane Ze

[This message has been edited by xane ze (edited 16 December 2001).]

Originally posted by HapaHaole:
What I do is take off the negative ground for the siren. Unless you have a back up battery siren then you just put the key in the siren and turn it off

Put the key in the siren? Did you mean to say ignition? B/c when I set my alarm off by accident I wasnt able to turn it off by putting the key in the ignition... I had to push the disarm button a few times to get it to disable it...

-Electro

Originally posted by Electro:
Put the key in the siren? Did you mean to say ignition? B/c when I set my alarm off by accident I wasnt able to turn it off by putting the key in the ignition... I had to push the disarm button a few times to get it to disable it...

-Electro

NO on some of the sirens with the back up battery they go off once the ground wire is disconnected. SO they have a key in them to diable that function.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

I think he is talking about the factory alarm. i.e. no backup siren only horn. Try the remote a couple of times.

Once you reconnect the power to backup sirens they shut off. They go off as soon as you disconnect the battery. So I dought it could be a malfunctioning backup siren even if he does have one.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 16 December 2001).]

Hi again. Well yes i am only talking about the factory alarm. I dont have an after market alarm its the horn that goes off. I bought the car with out any key chain box or any other box that comes with it i guess. The only key i have the the spare key that the guy gave me. I dont see any other back up battery or any kind of a power supply anywhere else. All i did was to disconncet the old battery and install the new one and now i cant cus the horn goes off. I think it might need a code somewhere but i am not sure. So i all have to work with is a simple key to turn the carr on and a new battery. So now what should i do ? thanks mustafa.

mustafa, come on man! don't tell me your still trying to figure this out. if you need a temporary fix, then disconnect the horn or pull the fuse until you get to the dealer or some stereo shop. i'm sure one of the two will be able to get you another remote. at least you'll be able to connect the battery and drive your car.
http://www.burgoyne.com/pages/ezell/horn_disconnet.gif
http://www.burgoyne.com/pages/ezell/fuse_disconnet.gif

you can do it.

------------------
Xane Ze

Originally posted by [email protected]:
The only key i have the the spare key that the guy gave me. So now what should i do ? thanks mustafa.[/B]

while your asking for advise, you may want to consider getting a copy of your key. then when you lock yourself out or loose the only key you have.... well you get the idea, right?

------------------
Xane Ze

Okay, maybe I'm asking a stupid question here, but did you try putting the key in the IGNITION, rather than just the door? Your car may not have an keyless entry system (doesn't say from your description), my alarm went off when I changed my battery and I had to put the key in the ignition. ( I have an aftermarket alarm, but it is disabled)

Back