• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Helmet Preferences...

For those of you who track your car...

Do you have any preference on a racing helmet? I realize it's a personal preference thing but considering the minimal headroom in the NSX do some helmets fair better?

What about full coverage vs open face? If I were on a motorcycle or a kart, I would opt for full coverage. I would think that full coverage might not offer the visibility and comfort in a closed cockpit.

Is there any rules or consensus here?

Thanks,
Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Do you have any preference on a racing helmet? I realize it's a personal preference thing but considering the minimal headroom in the NSX do some helmets fair better?

I'm not aware of any differences in headroom between helmets.

What about full coverage vs open face? If I were on a motorcycle or a kart, I would opt for full coverage. I would think that full coverage might not offer the visibility and comfort in a closed cockpit.

With full face, there is no problem with visibility (unless you are looking at your navel instead of the road and your gauges). You MUST try on a helmet yourself to determine comfort, but I have actually found a full-face helmet to be MORE comfortable because it provides better support (even more so when used with one of those Nomex/foam collars).

Back