• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help 993 or NSX!!!

Guys,

I used to own a 93 modded NSX 6 months ago. I loved the car but I needed more power. So as some of you may remember, I bought a 97 Viper GTS. This car has it's redeeming qualities, but I still miss the precision craftsmanship of the NSX. Now, I'm about to sell my GTS and get either a 92 red on black NSX for a good deal, or a 95 993 911 midnight blue on grey with the GT2 wing, BBS wheels, and a killer stereo.

I'd like to specifically hear from those of you who have owned a 993 or do now. Should I get NSX for the second time, or try the legendary last air cooled Porsche. BTW, I drive a 944 Turbo as my daily driver. The 911 will be roughly $12K more than the NSX but both are equally good deals compared to others.

If you can find a deal on a clean 97 or 98 993S... thats a nice package. Those things are unfortunately seelling for almost the same $$ as they were selling new 5 years ago.

Having owned 4 Porsches, I'd opt for an NSX in a hearbeat. Except for that very tempting 993S, although IMO that is more $$ and less reliability.

I own a 993 TT and an NSX-T with the Comptech SC. They are pretty similiar in performance with the supercharger. I would suggest buying the NSX and putting the Basch supercharger on it, this way you will have the reliability and the performance.

I don't think you will be happy with the Porsche performance wise, unless you go with the twin turbo.

Good Luck!

How much is the Basche Supercharger kit. The last time I was in the NSX world there was just the Comptech for $10K.

You know my deal with owning both the 911 and the NSX... I think we both know you want the NSX. Besides, if you get back in an NSX, we'll let you back in the club if you promise to take it to the track with us this year.

Someone else recommended the 3.0L NSX and the BaschBoost PeaceMaker supercharger. Several of us in Dallas have already ordered ours, including some of the people you know from last year. This is the route that I would take. Steven has put a Comptech unit in his NSX-T and Brent has put a GruppeM (and a new engine) in his coupe. Come join the fun!

EDR

Back