• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help: AC problem

I purchased a 91 NSX with 15k miles on it a week and a half ago. I am having problems with the AC. For some reason the AC blows cold on the right side vents (center, feet, and door), but not on the left side. Why is this??? Also, the AC seems to flutuate in temperature every once and awhile.

If anyone has any suggestions, please speak up...Its hot here in Georgia!

Sam

Check to see if the driver-side condenser fan is turning. If the passenger-side fan is turning, and the driver-side is not, that is probably your problem. If the left-side is not turning when the A/C is on, then check the fuse or the connection, which you can access (the connector) by removing the first few grommets on the fender well and prying it back.

I am not sure if the freon charge is the same for both condensers, or if the left condenser feeds the left side of the car only, and vice-versa for the right condenser. Perhaps someone with a factory manual (or someone who already knows) can answer this?

HTH... Andie

[This message has been edited by weiku (edited 12 May 2001).]

You are most likely low on freon. Take it in, have them run a dye test looking for leaks, then have it recharged.

This is a good time to consider whether you want to convert from R12 to a "legal" refrigerant like R134A. The cost of the R12 you'll use to test and then recharge the system will be a good part of the total cost to convert, and R12 will only continue to get more expensive.

Originally posted by Lud:
You are most likely low on freon. Take it in, have them run a dye test looking for leaks, then have it recharged.

This is a good time to consider whether you want to convert from R12 to a "legal" refrigerant like R134A. The cost of the R12 you'll use to test and then recharge the system will be a good part of the total cost to convert, and R12 will only continue to get more expensive.

Thanks for the responses. Air does blow through the left side vents, it just never gets cold. I bet its the freon. Any idea how much getting them recharged will cost? What about the conversion? Thanks again.

Sam

Leak testing and recharge will probably be around $150 if there is no leak, more if there is. Conversion is around $200 give or take.

Back