• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help!! Buying a 91 NSX this weekend...

Hi, I have the luck to drive my brother's 94 NSX for a few weeks, and now I really want one of my own. So I found this Black on Black 1991 NSX in New York City, its listed in brooklyn, but the car is stored in Flushing Queens. The car has 60,000 miles, and it looks excellent form what I can see on the pictures. Has anyone seen this car before?
I am going to check it out this weekend, and I am just wondering what areas of the car I need to concentrate on checking. Are there any specific problems you had on you NSX? From Minor to Major, please help me out...

Thank you very much!
Simon

It's a sold by salvage yard, the guy is telling me that the car has regular title...so it could probabbly be the same one. Did the guy from canada commented on this car? Thanks

As usual, the NSX FAQ is your best source for answers to your questions.

Click here.

The most important things to check for on a '91 are:

- all scheduled maintenance up to date, including new timing belt and water pump (every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first)

- window regulators replaced or fix-it thingies installed

- whether it's in the snap ring range

If you don't understand what these items are all about, again, go to the NSX FAQ.

Originally posted by Joel:
A "regular" title in a salvage yard?

Yeah right....

LOL very well said.
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

I think it's this car: http://www.erzcar.com/acura6.html
The price alone tells you something is/was wrong with it!

That car does indeed have OBVIOUS problems with the front end just by looking at the picture. The hood / headlights / nose are all misaligned! Look especially at the right front headlight area. The hood, nose and headlight are all at different angles with big uneven gaps between the hood and headlight and the hood and nose.

dsc00003.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 19 October 2002).]

Originally posted by Lud:
That car does indeed have OBVIOUS problems with the front end just by looking at the picture. The hood / headlights / nose are all misaligned! Look especially at the right front headlight area. The hood, nose and headlight are all at different angles with big uneven gaps between the hood and headlight and the hood and nose.

dsc00003.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lud (edited 19 October 2002).]

That is pretty damn obvious! That's about as obvious as I've ever seen!
eek.gif

Back