• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help cleaning and polishing exhaust tips

I tried the Flitz stuff and really liked it.

Basically this weekend I was at the mall and went in a shop that sells swords, knives, and other stuff to people that never grew out of Dungeons and Dragons. Anyway they exclusively recommend Flitz and it reminded me that I had some at home.

So I:

- Washed the car
- Waxed the car
- Polished the tips using Mother's and a towel till my arm was sore.

Definitely an improvement but still less then I was hoping for.

Then I rubbed by hand a thin layer of Flitz on the tips and really polished them with another towel. The towel was very dirty and the tips were MUCH cleaner and more shiny then with just the mothers. They don't look like brand new but I am very happy with the results and will use this product again and recommend it to others.

I picked up some "Never Dull" by eagle one at my local Kragen to do some polishing up on my DC Exhaust Tips and it seems to bring back the original shine....Even some parts that got that dullish brown sattan look came back to silver polish look.

I used to use Autosol metal polish back in Britain on my Triumph motorcycle crankcases - it had the brand name Solvol Autosol.
Absoutely incredible stuff, especially on Aluminium (as we call it back there!) or chrome.
A Google search does turn up several US outlets (~$10) - it also shows it is indeed a favorite of the motorcycle crowd - wheels & crankcases especially (non-Japanese which tended to be lacquer-cated)
Think I have to get some - haven't used it in 20 years but have great memories of the results of polishing the Triumphs.

ive tried many polishes, autosol is the best :) just try it on aluminium door latches, the stuff cant be beat!

Attachments

• autosol.gif
    autosol.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 171
Back