• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Help finding an aftermarket NSX-R/mesh engine cover for 95+ targa

I was just about to order SoS' beautiful NSX-R Engine Cover until I realized its only compatible with the coupes :frown:. Does anybody know of any other "mesh" style engine cover thats compatible with the 95+ Targa models?

I took off my engine cover since I like to see the engine, but I prefer to have an engine cover so I can still retain the rubber seal.

I was just about to order SoS' beautiful NSX-R Engine Cover until I realized its only compatible with the coupes :frown:. Does anybody know of any other "mesh" style engine cover thats compatible with the 95+ Targa models?

I took off my engine cover since I like to see the engine, but I prefer to have an engine cover so I can still retain the rubber seal.

They did have a installation kit listed for the targa but not now. Wonder whats up since i was getting ready to order one :frown:

Mike

Unfortunately, we were not able to adapt the cover to a targa NSX due to the increased height of the framing around the engine bay. Installing a flat cover like the NSX-R cover would require significant removal of material from the bottom support brace. It can be done (one of our customers has done so) however, it decreases the rigidity of the cover significantly.

regards,
-- Chris

Not planning on taking the roof off much?

Back