• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help from anyone w/Downforce LED NSXR spoiler

This may belong in the DIY forum but I thought i would start here. Got my original wing off leaving the 6-8" wire and plug that comes from the trunk/fender exposed. The Downforce wing came with two white/clear connectors and these blue things that look like you would fold-over a piece of wire to cut thru the insulation and create contact with the copper. Before I do something stupid like cut off the OEM plug, I wanted to ask how other have connected the LED wires that come out of the rear wing to the oem plug on the car.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff-
KSNSX-

i don't have the downforce nsxr spoiler, but on my Dreamsportz i did a cut and splice with crimp connectors :biggrin:

I spliced the oem plug (cutting thru the insulation) in the middle and attached the connectors to the DF wing wires which plugged into the blue mouse traps.

I didn't want to rely on the crimp-on splice connectors. I bought a 12" 2-conductor trailer-light connector at Autozonc. I cut and spliced (soldered) this into the end of the original cable (Y-ed with the original connector), making it about 10" longer. Then I soldered the other connector to the LED wires, close to the LED similar to how the OEM one was.

I just installed my CF Downforce NSX-R type wing the other day. Being a technician by trade whenever I see scotchlocks or butt connectors only one word comes to mind, HACK. Hardwire it in and chase it with some shrink tube.
That means solder your connections.:biggrin:

Thanks for all the help. I think I will just go with the hardwire and shrink tubing. Maybe it'll fool some people into thinking that I know what I am doing.:biggrin:

Back