• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Help from anyone w/Downforce LED NSXR spoiler

This may belong in the DIY forum but I thought i would start here. Got my original wing off leaving the 6-8" wire and plug that comes from the trunk/fender exposed. The Downforce wing came with two white/clear connectors and these blue things that look like you would fold-over a piece of wire to cut thru the insulation and create contact with the copper. Before I do something stupid like cut off the OEM plug, I wanted to ask how other have connected the LED wires that come out of the rear wing to the oem plug on the car.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff-
KSNSX-

i don't have the downforce nsxr spoiler, but on my Dreamsportz i did a cut and splice with crimp connectors :biggrin:

I spliced the oem plug (cutting thru the insulation) in the middle and attached the connectors to the DF wing wires which plugged into the blue mouse traps.

I didn't want to rely on the crimp-on splice connectors. I bought a 12" 2-conductor trailer-light connector at Autozonc. I cut and spliced (soldered) this into the end of the original cable (Y-ed with the original connector), making it about 10" longer. Then I soldered the other connector to the LED wires, close to the LED similar to how the OEM one was.

I just installed my CF Downforce NSX-R type wing the other day. Being a technician by trade whenever I see scotchlocks or butt connectors only one word comes to mind, HACK. Hardwire it in and chase it with some shrink tube.
That means solder your connections.:biggrin:

Thanks for all the help. I think I will just go with the hardwire and shrink tubing. Maybe it'll fool some people into thinking that I know what I am doing.:biggrin:

Back