• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help!!!need An Ingnition Switch!!!

ATTN all canadian NSX owners.....I need an ignition switch for my car....Terrace Gate Acura in toronto said 2 weeks for one!!!...I NEED TO DRIVE MY CAR EVERYDAY!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ASAP???

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Nathan 416-561-4117

Give Acura Woodbine a call at: 416-748-8888, and ask for Paul in parts. He's the parts manager there, and my experience has been that they can usually get stuff in overnight.

thanks a lot, those guys are very helpfull

My ignition switch went bad, classic symptoms:
1. Start up and engine dies. (hard starting)
2. Engines Dies intermittently while running
3. Dim dash lights (intermittently)
4. Buzzing main relay

So I bought a new switch and installed it. My NSX was down for a couple of weeks while I diagnosed it and ordered a new switch.

Upon installation: all of my above problems were fixed. Installation required either a phillips screwdriver or a 6mm socket.

I did an autopsy on the old switch and discovered that there was nothing really wrong with it...the contacts were just extremely dirty. The switch is held together with mating barbs. Just pry them apart and you can clean the switch contacts and apply dielectric grease and you should be good to go for another 15 years. Leave the guts of the switch intact and clean away.

At a minimum it will get you back on the road while you wait for a factory fresh switch. Takes only a few minutes...

Drew

Attachments

• NSXIgnitionSwitchB.jpg
    NSXIgnitionSwitchB.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,377
Back