• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with front tyres

Last Sunday's run through the Adelaide hills resulted in two front tyres with no tread on the inside edge. Definitely time for a wheel alignment. However I have now discovered that 215/45/16 tyres are as rare as rocking horse poo. Does any one have any leads or should I lower the front by 6mm with 205/45/16, or raise by about the same amount with 205/50/16 tyres? Both these sizes are readily available.

Go 18/19 :biggrin:

either go bigger 17/18 - 18/19 or try theses tyres

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All&x=85&y=8

If you can get the RE-010 go for them or the Hankook Ventus R-s2 rated up there in performance comparison to other big brands.

Did the left tyre wear the inside edge more than the right if so check if there is any play from the steering rack end as i mentioned over brecky last sunday.

Yeah it was a great run last week im glad you made the effort to join in.

I like the original wheels, so I am stuck with 16's. The Evo boys import tyres regularly so I will chase up the RE010's. Thats what is on the front now.
In the meantime Ninja has fixed me up with some partly used Yokohamas.
Looking forward to wearing out the Yoko's next time I get to town.

if big difference in rolling diameter will result the TCS to come ON, so try to put the right size, happened to Nico (NSXBOX) before

Last time I had 205/45R16 front and 255/40R17 or 245/40R17 rear and the TCS was okay. 205/45R16 should be fine.

Last Sunday's run through the Adelaide hills resulted in two front tyres with no tread on the inside edge. Definitely time for a wheel alignment. However I have now discovered that 215/45/16 tyres are as rare as rocking horse poo. Does any one have any leads or should I lower the front by 6mm with 205/45/16, or raise by about the same amount with 205/50/16 tyres? Both these sizes are readily available.

Back