• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

here comes the manual-only Civic Type R

.probably not....durango srt for that....next up will be a 19 inch wheel set with track tires ....still haven't figured out how to raise and lower driver seat despite much muscle recruitment...:confused:

....still haven't figured out how to raise and lower driver seat despite much muscle recruitment...:confused:
Glad you've already got it. There are two levers on the left of seat, the front one is for pumping the seat up/down, the rear one for the back angle.

People in Europe drive OZ 18'' with winter tyres. Although the car is very safe in a crash I also have another car for the winter season. I've spotted some light rust on some parts already, they must be saving production costs...not very nice in a new car but nothing dramatic if you're tolerant enough.

ahhhhhhhhh so you pump that lever...I was pulling and pushing seat...:redface:.......where is the rust?

ahhhhhhhhh so you pump that lever...I was pulling and pushing seat...:redface:.......where is the rust?
I've seen surface rust on Civic's after one winter (and part of it on completely new cars) in the following locations:
- wheel bolts (edges)
- rear brake discs around the imprinted letters on the hub
- in the rear wheel well a thin holder (for a wire)
- on the rear kuckle the round silver bushings/sleeves (?), not easy to describe...

Everything can be seen at first sight and looks cheap but it's not serious either. I still love the car and only drive it from spring to autumn but it not a car I'll keep 10+ years I guess as today's cars are complex and expensive to repair after the warranty is out. I'll coat them with a grease/wax mix to protect them (except on the brakes of course).

As you've mentioned the car has a very wide spread. It does shopping, it's girlfriend-friedly but also goes racing in bone stock form.

for me I have some higher speed country roads ...and I really like the torque ..5th and 6th are really usable fun gears at speed.Yet in the lower gears I can drive responsibly and not scare wife...

Anyone know when the touring version of CTR is coming out? I'm much more keen on that... or the Acura type S.

Isn't the current one released right now called the Touring version? With that said I've seen some pics online of the new CTR w/o the boy racer wing, is that what you meant?

With the reintroduction of the Type S we should be seeing some pretty cool things very soon. I have my money ready for an Acura ILX Type S, closest thing to an Integra Type R we'll ever get.

Yeah, one without the wing. I'd love to own one but not with that wing...

ILX type S will be a nice sedan option. I haven't heard if it will be manual yet though?

Back