• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HEY CAR GUY, I got another car for you.

robr said:
That's some pretty impressive mileage for that car. I figured it would be someone's garage queen. The price seems a bit high though, even for a McLaren.

Yea, that's really cool to see that the car is/was driven. IMO cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed, not left in a garage to be stared at (although for investor's sake, I can see otherwise...).

Carguy! said:
No way! I love the CGT and I am planning on keeping it forever.

Taking the top off in nice weather is something that is hard to beat! :smile:

That's really good to hear :) CGT is my dreamcar no. 1 so take care of it, don't give it less attention if you get the McLaren :)

And the possibility to take the roof off is another of the CGT's qualities I love :D

On 6speedonline they are talking about this same car.
I'm sure you've read the thread there too carguy.

On another vehicle at the same dealership, there is a $1.3M asking price for the red Enzo with 475 miles. Get both.

Out the door for under $2M. DO IT!

|Adeel said:
That's really good to hear :) CGT is my dreamcar no. 1 so take care of it, don't give it less attention if you get the McLaren :)

And the possibility to take the roof off is another of the CGT's qualities I love :D

The funny thing is in almost all quantifiable ways the CGT is superior to the McLaren F1, except straight line acceleration and top speed. I am sure the CGT would beat the McLaren on any road coarse in the world, and is a much better everyday driver.

None of this matters though because I have never been able to get the McLaren F1 out of my mind!:biggrin:

DVDoughboy said:
On 6speedonline they are talking about this same car.
I'm sure you've read the thread there too carguy.

On another vehicle at the same dealership, there is a $1.3M asking price for the red Enzo with 475 miles. Get both.

Out the door for under $2M. DO IT!

The same guy owns both the McLaren and the Enzo. For whatever reason I have zero desire to purchase an Enzo, I think my CGT is a better car and I don't like the looks. If I could buy them both for 2M, I would do it in a heart beat, sell the Enzo for 1M and have my McLaren for 1M! :biggrin:

Problem is unless a large caliber pistol is pointed at the owners head he wouldn't take that deal. :eek:

I will volunteer my time to drive to Atlanta and test drive it for you to make sure it is in good shape. :smile:

You the man! :biggrin:
I knew the guy who owned this car, he spent tons of money and time on it.
He said he would NEVER sell it for any price, I wonder what happened.

Call me when you go to see it< I will fly out with you and video tape the whole thing.
Later Brian

Room for 2 chicks! @ 240mph
1015021_7.jpg

BIN on EBay. Sold to racingpics. :eek: $1.6 big ones.........:eek:

someone clicked buy it now or something? i dont have the link.

we'll see if someone writes the $1.6 million check

wouldn't be surprised if a 17 yr old clicked it to be funny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4642981736

Mods that where done to the car.

One of a Kind Orange Kandy Paint
Black & Orange Interior
Removable F1 Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Kick Plates & Doorpulls
Custom Matched Luggage
Color Matched Engine
Matching Orange Tool Chest
Integrated Communications System
- CDMA & GSM Phone
- 3 way Intercom with Headsets
- 2 way Radio
- Noise Canceling Headsets
World Wide Navigation System
Wide Screen Video Monitor
100GB MP3 System (20K+ songs)
Front & Rear Radar Detector
Oversized Radiator & Fans
Upgraded A/C
Wide view racing mirrors
Xenon Lights

Last edited:
rickysals said:
someone clicked buy it now or something? i dont have the link.

we'll see if someone writes the $1.6 million check

wouldn't be surprised if a 17 yr old clicked it to be funny

Just looked at items that were viewable for the "buyer" and it shows a couple cars that he had bought through ebay, most expensive was just under 40k. So I give it a slight chance on his seriousness about the car.

This is one of them... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80766&item=4618902669

2a_12.JPG

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
Just looked at items that were viewable for the "buyer" and it shows a couple cars that he had bought through ebay, most expensive was just under 40k. So I give it a slight chance on his seriousness about the car.

This is one of them... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80766&item=4618902669

2a_12.JPG

Actually it shows him selling the cars not buying them so it seems he might be a dealer of some sort. I am dissapointed that the car isn't available, but it seems strange that someone would use the buy it now without seeing the car in person.

I talked to the owner of the car today and he had said he would take 1.5 and end the auction so if someone paid 1.6 they just gave away 100K.:confused:

prova4re said:
He said he would NEVER sell it for any price, I wonder what happened.

He discovered that his million dollar dream machine only cornered at 0.86gs when an F-150 dusted him on an on-ramp. :biggrin:

prova4re said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4642981736

Mods that where done to the car.

One of a Kind Orange Kandy Paint
Black & Orange Interior
Removable F1 Steering Wheel
Carbon Fiber Kick Plates & Doorpulls
Custom Matched Luggage
Color Matched Engine
Matching Orange Tool Chest
Integrated Communications System
- CDMA & GSM Phone
- 3 way Intercom with Headsets
- 2 way Radio
- Noise Canceling Headsets
World Wide Navigation System
Wide Screen Video Monitor
100GB MP3 System (20K+ songs)
Front & Rear Radar Detector
Oversized Radiator & Fans
Upgraded A/C
Wide view racing mirrors
Xenon Lights

How is a car like this street legal with that steeing wheel? Doesn't it need an airbag?:confused:

carguy, do you use your real name or any other even small bit of identifying info on ebay? with very little info and the right database, you can track down most anyone (in many cases, even unlisted phone numbers).

White92 said:
How is a car like this street legal with that steeing wheel? Doesn't it need an airbag?:confused:

I don't believe Airbags were required in '95 so you could replace the steering wheel with one that doesn't have them.

robr said:
carguy, do you use your real name or any other even small bit of identifying info on ebay? with very little info and the right database, you can track down most anyone (in many cases, even unlisted phone numbers).

Maybe someone from here or someone that you know contacted the dealer. I know you've publicly mentioned a few different times that you were in the market to buy one.

Carguy! said:
Actually it shows him selling the cars not buying them so it seems he might be a dealer of some sort. I am dissapointed that the car isn't available, but it seems strange that someone would use the buy it now without seeing the car in person.

I talked to the owner of the car today and he had said he would take 1.5 and end the auction so if someone paid 1.6 they just gave away 100K.:confused:

dealer possibility huh?...i hope it was an accidental click of the mouse...man..i hope you get that car and for a good price, it would would just be that much cooler to know that someone who participates in the forums i read everyday has my dream car!! :biggrin:

I wish you good luck on the auction and if you attain the car please post a couple vids!!!

The buyer IS real......he is a well know car guy in Stanford CT.
Big sale for E bay thats for sure, anyone know what the record price is?

Don't worry Carguy I will find you another one soon.....
You just need to tell Meyatch to stop hiding in your garage, and make some room for Arshad and the new car.

Back