• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hi from Mexico

dear community,

ive been a long time lurker, second time owner of a marvelous NSX. my first car was a 2004 blk/blk 6speed. I had it for about a year before I decided it was time to move along.... fast forward 4 years and the nsx bug bit me again, but this time I wanted things a different way, NO TARGA-NO Ethrottle-NO EPS-6speed-02+ nsxr style; with my weird criteria i started looking for specimens, zanardi editions came to mind but non were available and besides... who, in their right mind would perform a facelift on a zanardi? it sure wasnt going to be me.

a nice 92 GPW car showed up in autotrader, it wasnt that far away from me and it was GPW! i decided to have a PPI done and the car came up perfect for its age.

A bunch of phone calls later.... wire transfers... pain and suffering this is what it came out to be. hope you all like it as much as I do.

i would like to thanks Chris at SOS for its excellent customer service and for putting up with my constant nagging.

david

Attachments

• DSC01661.jpg
    DSC01661.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC01662.jpg
    DSC01662.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 622
  • DSC01665.jpg
    DSC01665.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 677
  • DSC01664.jpg
    DSC01664.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 547
  • DSC01663.jpg
    DSC01663.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 576
Very nice. Welcome home.

Hi David - the GPW looks fantastic! I like the choice of having gone red on the interior as the combination looks great.

The GPW w/black roof in +02 guise is superb...love it.

Post up some photos of the 993!!!

looks great!! Looks very similiar to the route I went as well :smile:
Welcome back

Mexi'melt of a NSX!

Very cool color-combo'/update you did. I'm seriously impressed w/ the final result, looks very well thought-out & clean. Not Boy-racer/tuner-crazy like a lot of the '02+ NSX-R inspired conversions!

Residing in C. Tejas, I've always wanted to do a country-side tour of Mexico (Chihuahua, Baja California, Veracruz, Yucatan, Nuevo Leon, Mexico City, etc') in my NSX. I've done it before, in a sedate/comfortable Lexus though. Didn't have any major issues or challenges. However, I'm a bit hesitant to do it w/ the NSX. What's your insight in regards to this? I sincerely look fwd to hearing your opinion & advice!

Guys,

Thanks for the compliments.

Allow me to post some more pics of what I began with and of my other 2 toys. On the second picture you'll see both nsx and fcar as I was having the front bumper re-sprayed.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 272
  • iphone camera 2 006.jpg
    iphone camera 2 006.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 313
  • iphone camera 033.jpg
    iphone camera 033.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Welcome back to NSXdom David, and excellent taste in cars!

As an owner of a Porsche and Ferrari, can you post up why you got lured back into an NSX? Basically I'm going to cut and paste your comments to throw at everyone who ever comes to me and ask why I didn't buy a "real" exotic :biggrin: LOLZ.

:eek:wow just beautiful. I agree with everyone.

Re: Mexi'melt of a NSX!

Hey David, are you in Nuevo Leon? Can't really make out the license plate.

Residing in C. Tejas, I've always wanted to do a country-side tour of Mexico (Chihuahua, Baja California, Veracruz, Yucatan, Nuevo Leon, Mexico City, etc') in my NSX. I've done it before, in a sedate/comfortable Lexus though. Didn't have any major issues or challenges. However, I'm a bit hesitant to do it w/ the NSX. What's your insight in regards to this? I sincerely look fwd to hearing your opinion & advice!

I've also thought about doing this too. Actually, I want to do a drive all the way down to S. America, probably all the way to Argentina, but in a truck/suv of course.

Taking the NSX into Mexico shouldn't be that much of a problem. A lot of the roads and highways are fairly new and modern. As long as you don't wander too far into a rural area, I think you should be ok.

If I ever do take the NSX to Mex, my plan is to go down Baja California down to Cabo San Lucas. Spend a few days there then take a ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan, and continue farther south into Mexico.

Yes, Im in Nuevo Leon.

guys, as much as I would like to say "you can drive around" in any fancy car in Mexico, it makes me sad to say... it aint possible anymore.

I used to drive everyday my Fcar, it was my daly driver, only when it rained I took the porsche out. but lately, with this war between drug lords going on, and the mexican and US goverment cracking down on the drug trade, they, drug lords, have to look for different sources of income, like kidnapings, extorsion blah blah blah.

if you want to drive down to mexico, do it thru Baja, drive straight south and dont stop in Tijuana. if you want to come down thru texas-rio grande valley, go straight into a mayor city using main roads.

David

David --

You're being too humble with the car! It should be mentioned that David has a NSX-R spec 6-spd that we built among many others. The car must be a rocket!

Thank you for your continued business. I'm glad to see you back in a NSX after all these years.

Cheers,
-- Chris

David your car (s) look superb.

Cheers,

AR

Nice cars.

I have lived in mexico for 2 years when I was about 14 years old. I love mexico and wish I could live there but there are not many video game companys there. :(

Well what i want to know is how hard is t to drive in Mexico cause I remmeber the raods being really bad and some bumps were like as tall as a brick. I wanted to go live there for mabe a year at my granmothers house and take my 2 NSX's but then i remmebrd all the roads and was like NO WAY. and on top of that are the Federales still giving people a hard time when they have nice cars?

that color combo looks hot, my wife had a conv 325 that color, I loved it.

Nice cars.

I have lived in mexico for 2 years when I was about 14 years old. I love mexico and wish I could live there but there are not many video game companys there. :(

Well what i want to know is how hard is t to drive in Mexico cause I remmeber the raods being really bad and some bumps were like as tall as a brick. I wanted to go live there for mabe a year at my granmothers house and take my 2 NSX's but then i remmebrd all the roads and was like NO WAY. and on top of that are the Federales still giving people a hard time when they have nice cars?

The road are much nicer now, lots of improvement, specially their highways(toll). Now if you get into some of the more rural areas, then yeah, you'll run into walls, errr ..I mean speed bumps.

As for the "Federales", the Federal Judicial Police was replaced by the new Federal Investigation Agency (AFI) , modeled after the FBI, in 2002.

The other "Federales", Federal Highway Patrol (PFC), has been replaced by the Federal Preventive Police. All these changes were taken to help fight corruption in all of Mexico's police forces.

Police are not ruthless like they used to be towards tourist. Also, the Mexican Army run the road checkpoints now. Much more professional, nothing like the Federales of old days.

The road are much nicer now, lots of improvement, specially their highways(toll). Now if you get into some of the more rural areas, then yeah, you'll run into walls, errr ..I mean speed bumps.

As for the "Federales", the Federal Judicial Police was replaced by the new Federal Investigation Agency (AFI) , modeled after the FBI, in 2002.

The other "Federales", Federal Highway Patrol (PFC), has been replaced by the Federal Preventive Police. All these changes were taken to help fight corruption in all of Mexico's police forces.

Police are not ruthless like they used to be towards tourist. Also, the Mexican Army run the road checkpoints now. Much more professional, nothing like the Federales of old days.

i have not been in mexico for about 5 years so I have to go see what it is like now. If its not the way it use to be about 18 years ago then I might take a year off and live there. I will take the NSX's over.

i have not been in mexico for about 5 years so I have to go see what it is like now. If its not the way it use to be about 18 years ago then I might take a year off and live there. I will take the NSX's over.

I stopped going in the early 90's with my family, which drive down there every year. I didn't go back till 2006, and boy was there a big difference. I have family in Acapulco, Oaxaca, Mexico City, Puebla, Veracruz. Let me know when you plan on going down there, maybe I can tag along with my car.

Last edited:
Very nice combo........Red interior really stands out!!!!!!:cool::cool:

Back