• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highway 25 Run (Tight and Twisty) Saturday, February 13th

I'm making this one day run part of the San Simeon/Hearst Castle event.
I realize that it's not possible for a lot of people to take off for a weekend and this drive is too cool to miss out on.

Everything will be the same from the main start, lunch at Hollister and the drive south down Highway 25 and Peachtree Road.

The only difference between this and the full weekend event is upon reaching 101 at any one of three junctions (King City, San Lucas or Bradley) it's an easy drive north back up 101, approx. 1-2 hours to San Jose.

So here is an opportunity to have fun on some great quiet, tight and twisty backroads with a group.

Round trip from San Jose to San Lucas and back via Highway 25/198/101 is 230 miles.

If you can, bring an FRS Radio and just show up at the main start.

I'll start a list for those up to the challenge. See flyer below for main start info.

Here are some pics from the last Highway 25 & Harris Ranch Run. Don't panic, there will be no river crossings on this run! :smile:

Start - Z Car Garage, 140 Archer St., San Jose

Depart - 10:30 A.M. SHARP

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103195

1) yojack1 - NSX
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130223

Last edited:
1) yojack1 - NSX
2)NSFRBLX
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) yojack1 - NSX
2) NSFRBLX
3) iCEE
4) LarryNSX
5)
6)

1) yojack1 - NSX
2) NSFRBLX
3) iCEE
4) LarryNSX
5) MikeC_587
6)

Dammit! I'm going to be out of town that weekend!

Mike, let me know if you want to make any further changes to your suspension.

Everyone have fun!

J

) yojack1 - NSX
2) NSFRBLX
3) iCEE
4) LarryNSX
5) MikeC_587
6) Dhalsim
7) REDNSXT w/BATMANS (if it's not pouring down)

Looks like Mike C has been at it again. (Making sure the weather and club members cooperate:tongue:) As of today,Sun. 2/7, the 2/13 Saturday run is appearing to be dry, which makes this drive something you shouldn't miss.
Make some time, put everything else on hold and unhook the old ball and chain (better yet, bring the old ball and chain if you know what I mean) for a stinkin day. These kinds of events don't come around to often! If nothing else, just come out to the main start in San Jose and give those who are going a proper send off. Be there!
:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Edited from Mike Cs comments.:cool:

At least I think that's what he's thinking!:wink:

Jack

Last edited:
As Jack stated, the forecast for the 13th is looking alot better than it did last week. I'm looking forward to this...

Mike

Im a little slow and cant find the main start info. When and where?
Z Car Garage
140 Archer Street
San Jose
Departing at 10:30 A.M. Sharp
It's in post #1, bottom link:
hearstcastle.jpg

If the weather holds, I'll drive up from Monterey to SJ and drive with you guys at least to 101.

I'm afraid I wont be able to make it....family in town. Sorry.

Families and the "old ball and chain" can be brutal.:wink:
They won't miss you, but we will. See Ya at the next meet Roger!:biggrin:
Jack

Last edited:
Looks like we will have at least 25 cars including 7 NSXs. Those are only the ones that I know of for sure as more than likely, some others will just show up to do the day drive unannounced. Thats ok. You guys are really going to enjoy this run of 100 miles of pretty much deserted back roads. Since I'm leading it, we'll put the NSXs up front so that we can have a little more fun!
Just as long as you promise not to slow the Zs down!

Jack

I will be there,is there any caravan from north Jack ,Mike

Mohammed
Glad your comming, it's going to be fun.

Mike C and I will be meeting up with Chuck in Redwood City at the Alans Steel parking lot at 505 E. Bayshore Road. Take the Whipple exit, cross over the freeway east and it's right there on your left. All the Boardwalk car dealers are next door.

We'll meet approx. 9:15 am. on Sat.

I should be able to make it out - not sure if I'll have the whole day yet though.

Since this is a 3-day weekend Tarik, you need to apply for the full day. It's only fair.

Jack

It's thursday night, one day left. There's still time to bail on what you know is going to be a boring weekend, (you know, "how was your day today" and "how was your day today".:mad::mad: You know it's going to suck thinking about how it could have been!:frown:

Well, WE know what kind of day our ten NSXs will have.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Just a reminder, don't forget an FRS radio if you have one.
There cheap and you will use them more than you think. Later!

Jack

Thanks to some good advice and a bit of luck, I'll be joining you folks :biggrin:

However, I have to drop someone off at SFO at 9AM, so I'll need a bit of luck getting down to SJ on time, without attracting the ticket happy CHP.

-John

Thanks to some good advice and a bit of luck, I'll be joining you folks :biggrin:

However, I have to drop someone off at SFO at 9AM, so I'll need a bit of luck getting down to SJ on time, without attracting the ticket happy CHP.

-John

Glad to hear you have that problem solved.

For anyone who may miss the 10:30 main start at Z-car Garage in San Jose, you can catch up at the lunch stop at 1711 Airline Highway (McDonalds) in Hollister. We'll be leaving there Approx. 12:15 to 12:30 for the run down Hwy 25.

Is everyone doing the full day? Who's planning on turning back at one of the turn back points?

Back