• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Holy F*&*king Sh** What a day

Steve, you should offer the kid a place to live and the use of your 360, what kind of example are you setting for the youth of this country. I apologize for trying to make him take responsibility for his actions and what might occur as a result of his stupidity, how insensitive of me.

Well I am sure I buy many sets every year for the less fortunate. Thats my fault though for being ambitious.

Driving an NSX with 19" rims but not being able to afford its tires is a bit:

A6170B-lg-b.jpg

Anyway dude I am glad you are OK and didn't kill anyone else. Go slower, get tires, and drop the 19's. They don't do anything for the NSX anyway.

you guys are very entertaining
btw anyone want to donate to the lukemia and lymphoma society

I'm training to participate in an endurance event as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Please PM me to make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission.

thank you

man!!! driving rear wheel drive cars in the rain with newish tires is kind of scary. when its raining I normally go 10 under the speed limit that always helped me out with sliding in the rain. I couldnt even imagine what its like driving on bald tires in the rain cuz I never tried it lol find a place to store her till you got the funds. I think I understand why you dont want to get rid of the car it probably has some sentimental value if I could find my dads 62 corvette I would probably buy it and keep it for life good luck finding free tires that could be a little tough lol

Most of the unstability of the NSX in the rain is due to poor alignment settings and incorrect wheel sizes and offsets. I've driven at high speeds on a wet racetrack and the car has no issues at all. I'd be a bit suspicious of what 19's are doing on the back, and definitely have the alignment checked.

Most of the unstability of the NSX in the rain is due to poor alignment settings and incorrect wheel sizes and offsets. I've driven at high speeds on a wet racetrack and the car has no issues at all. I'd be a bit suspicious of what 19's are doing on the back, and definitely have the alignment checked.

Driver's skill and discretion also are very important.:wink:

I just bought new tires last week, brakes and tires are the most important safety items for your car. If you need tires cheap, you might call around some Discount tire shops and ask if they've taken in some good used ones, or ask them to hold them for you, if some come in. I run 16" and 17", so I can't help but my 16" had about 1/2 or more of the tread left, my rears were shot and I wanted a matched set, so I changed all 4, I suspect others do the same.
I don't recommend it but when I was a kid, I'd buy re-treads and they were great for normal driving at 1/2 the cost of new.
Good luck.

In the past I've given away bumpers and wheels from my NSX just to get them out of my garage. One person never even paid me back the shipping charges for the wheels that I gave him for free.:mad:

I give you props for trying. It's not like you're sitting at home playing COD4, smoking crack, and drinking beer all day. If that was the case I'd send you a box of dog $hit.

For all the "Douchebags" Im not selling my car. I work two jobs while attending school full time also. I pay my own bills including car insurance for 3 vehicles. My "Mommy" does not pay for anything. I do keep the NSX in the garage and don't drive it often, just enough to keep everything from seizing up. Like I said. For the long turn that there was I was not driving unreasonable. I respect my car a lot knowing I don't have the money to fix it until I graduate. For the smart asses, you can reply on someone else's thread. Sorry I don't have a collection of cars and watches and do nothing but rag on kids for asking for help, from other people who have the same interest. I do my share in helping and donating to. I don't have money like some of you but doing charity runs and other things like that I enjoy doing and enjoy giving back.

For all the supportive and caring people I appreciate your concern and your offers. That's what I expected from the prime family. If anyone can offer help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Justin Butts

Last edited:

+1, alignment and tread wear are crucial in how the NSX performs in the rain. A properly aligned (including toe and camber) NSX with new tires is absolutely solid in the rain.

To the OP, don't get pissed off that people don't want to give you something for free. They don't owe you anything. If you can't afford the proper maintenence on the NSX, either make more money, sell one of your three cars, or reduce your expenses. I'm sorry, but that's the way life works.

You could buy a complete set of OEM 15/16s with tires for your NA1 for a couple hundred bucks or less in the classifieds here. You'd be surprised how well it drives and handles in comparison to your aftermarket wheels, and it'll be much better in poor weather conditions.

Don't you think that's a better route than begging for stuff? I see you changed your post to even include the tire size for your 19" wheels. That's pretty cheesy. I suggest you take my advice and stop looking like a fool.

Damn guys.

Glad you missed everything, we all have our days. I second the motion of picking up some early OEM rims for which tires will be FAR less expensive. You could sell the 'bling wheels and probably come out way ahead while still obviously keeping the car. Once you're out and making money, you can go back for the bling' wheels again if you want...just a suggestion.

I imagine some day I will spin my car at an autocross or at a track and some silver-spoon-in-mouth d-bag will tell me that I should not drive a car if I can't keep it pointed in a straight line.

I'd figure the gentleman from NY would know a thing or two about driving in the rain on public roads. A perfectly safe speed on a wet road can suddenly become very un-safe if you hit a coolant/oil slick from some POS that went by half an hour earlier. It is not a controlled environment or predictable. Throw in worn-down tires (that would still be perfectly safe on a dry road) and there isn't much you can do. Has nothing to do with brakes. Once you are sideways sliding the biggest baddest brembos in the world won't stop you any faster.

I have some front tires off of my MR2 I would give away if someone asked nicely, just to get them out of the way. I'm just not sure I see the problem with asking. Maybe someone sold some rims or upgraded to a better tire, and just has some taking up space in a garage.

I'm just sayin'

Get some chepo's for about $200 shipped for both and get them installed at a used tire place that only charges $10-20 each and they are rear tires so they do not necessarily "need" to be balanced unless you find yourself over 100mph pretty often.

This is not an example of how I maintain my NSX but it should fit your current needs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/265-...ies?hash=item439a1adb1e&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

You have a somewhat rare tire size so it will hard for someone to just have one laying around. I have one 275-30-19 I could send you.

Last edited:
For all the "Douchebags" Im not selling my car. I work two jobs while attending school full time also. I pay my own bills including car insurance for 3 vehicles. My "Mommy" does not pay for anything. I do keep the NSX in the garage and don't drive it often, just enough to keep everything from seizing up. Like I said. For the long turn that there was I was not driving unreasonable. I respect my car a lot knowing I don't have the money to fix it until I graduate. For the smart asses, you can reply on someone else's thread. Sorry I don't have a collection of cars and watches and do nothing but rag on kids for asking for help, from other people who have the same interest. I do my share in helping and donating to. I don't have money like some of you but doing charity runs and other things like that I enjoy doing and enjoy giving back.

For all the supportive and caring people I appreciate your concern and your offers. That's what I expected from the prime family. If anyone can offer help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Justin Butts

Hey buddy,
I hear you -- not sure why there are so many angry responses. The roads were a little wet and you started to slide. It's very easy for this to happen on the NSX, good tires or otherwise, and particularly if you are not used to how it handles. Do a search for "control arm" or "fender" in the Parts Wanted section and you'll quickly realize that you're not alone. :wink:

Do what you can on the tires/rims and if you have to park the car for a while then so be it. But DO NOT sell the car -- it was a gift from your father and you'll be able to enjoy it (and his memory) for many many years.

Good luck to you. :smile:

What are you studying in school?

I will be graduating in a few onths with my Bachelors in Digital Movie Production. Also, I just dual enrolled to get my AA in Photography.

I work for a production company doing what I go to school for. Mainly weddings. And I also market for Adidas.

I suggest you take my advice and stop looking like a fool.
I suggest you keep your comments in La and post somewhere else.

Thanks for everyones support I knew it would come around sooner or later.
Thanks to ediddynsx after his vacation he is going to help me with what I need. Karma will take care of the situation. He is a very generous man just like my Father was. His actions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm really surprised by some of the responses from NSX owners who I feel are an asset to NSXPrime. What bothers me is even after s14 tat informed us that the NSX was originally owned by his father who passed away. There was still bs given to Justin.

Maybe some of you need to think before you type a response to this post. Did any of you experience what Justin experience? I know my daughter has, as she lost her mom five years ago to breast cancer and she was given her mom's Acura TL. Unfortunately, last Tuesday the car was stolen. There is a sentimental attachment to the car. But, it seems like there are a few on NSXPrime that don't get it.

Instead of criticizing his post, why don't you offer suggestions like pvmike did or as CL65 Captain suggested to park the car.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't smart of Justin to drive the NSX with nearly bald tires and thank god an accident did not occur. But, I think a little compassion would have been appreciated.

Mike

haha, my Reason B. for waiting to purchase my NSX. (I'm not knocking you here by the way, just saying in passing I suppose)

Can't afford some of the stuff it may need, especially when i have to put tires on two other vehicles!

However:

Good luck with your search for tires, maybe check a junk yard for some new arrivals, you might get lucky with the tire sizes.

Note: Sometimes you have to drive. I drove 1999 Civic with Bald All Seasons in one of the hardest winters Ottawa saw in years. Sometimes you have to do it. "Bus" was not an option here because I NEEDED my vehicle. And similarly, I know it was unsafe, but I made it as safe as I could, and in fact i did not run into any issues here. You can drive fine on bald tires, it's just noisy, but if you keep a very safe cushion around you and drive very alertly, you'll be fine. Given my Civic has less than half the power of his NSX, but sometimes you have to do it just to make ends meat.

Last edited:
Justin,

Give Nabil a call at First Class Auto in Orlando..........his garage is fully dedicated to the NSX and he may have a few to get you by or maybe next to no cost. Take it easy kiddo. "Florida Ice" (for those that know what it is), a little rain and bald tires on a sportscar like the NSX is a killer combination. Northerners are jealous of bald tires.....it's 90 degrees and sunny all week long! Good NSX weather!

Justin,

My support goes out to you man. I wish I had some spares to send you but unfortunately do not. Your request was definitely not crazy and I've given away 3 FULL sets of tires with ~30% of thread left to people in need of something to get around on for a month or so (on different forums). I am glad I finally started reading posts of support. EVERYBODY makes mistakes. Learn from the mistake, don't repeat it, that's the reason they happen in the first place...for us to learn our lessons. Keep up the hardwork and continue to keep your dad's car alive and in the family!

That's a good point. A set of Sumi HTRZs for the 15-16 combo is $250. I run the sumi in the winter months myself.

I have 2 front wheels and 1 back that I'll give you if some one else can give you a back one. Then you just need tires.

I still think the stock 15/16 combo is the best comprimise. You will be amazed how much nicer the ride will be.

Park the car and leave it until you can afford proper tires, and brakes. You're putting not just your life in jeopardy, but everyone else on the road and the sidewalks too. That's irresponsible and just not acceptable. If someone is going to donate tires, it's real big of you to take care of shipping, you're a philanthropist too!

PS, your screen name is very fitting!

Instead of criticizing his post, why don't you offer suggestions like pvmike did or as CL65 Captain suggested to park the car.

Yeah, maybe it wasn't smart of Justin to drive the NSX with nearly bald tires and thank god an accident did not occur. But, I think a little compassion would have been appreciated.

Mike

Well Mike, in my very first response to this thread I suggested exactlly that. I have plenty of sympathy for his loss of his father, I lost mine 10 days before I graduated college, didn't inherit a sports car, but lots of liabilities that I took care of. He stated that he had a daily driver that he didn't have time to put gas in, and that's why he knowingly drove the NSX on bald tires. That's just not acceptable, putting his life at risk is one thing, the spinning around and not hitting anyone was pure luck. What would have happened had he hit someone causing death or dismemberment, would that have changed your response. Everyone has a sob story, and everyone has wants and needs. If he had posted in the parts wanted looking for free or cheap tires, nobody would have said squat, instead there's something of a flame war going on, those that feel he's a great, intelligent deserving individual, and those that think he acted irresponsibly and shouldn't be given compliments as a result. If he had bragged about a street racing success do you think that he'd have been praised?:eek: For those of you that think I'm a hard-ss, sorry to disappoint you. I chose the charities that I give to, and I give to many needy charities, and participate in many fundraisers with my NSX, this is one that I chose not to participate in.

Back