• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda F1

Anthony Davidson, test driver for Honda. And it's "Ant", not "Tony". Kinda like it's "Schumi", not "Mike".

The only thing boring about F1 is the press, who keep going on about how boring it is. If you examine the technology, politics, and money, you'll start to understand what it means to be "world class", which is why there's no significant American presence in F1.

cuts1200 said:
I like Barrichello, but fire him and put Tony Davidson in his seat.

You can't fire Honda's #1 driver right now...:tongue:

If Button was outperforming Rubens the whole season they wouldn't be that far behind Ferrari right now. Button needs to get his rear in gear.

Personally I think Davidson should go to Renault. I'm not sure what the status of his contract is but what a move that would be: Fisi and Davidson in the best cars!!

Don't you think Button's saved his fast driving for his NSX? :wink:

Too bad Ant is tucked up behind Button and Barichello .. He's got some good lap times, I'd love to see how he race throughout a season.

na14yu said:
Well the latest rumor has Ant D being given at race seat at Super Aguri next season...

Not sure if that is a step up for AD...

I don't believe the issues are with the drivers. Honda as a team in general has a lot to learn before they can do any thing good. History tells us that they built great engines, but they have always cherry picked the team they want to sponsor. McLaren, Williams were the top chassis builder when they were kicking some major ass, but today, it is hard to compete on the same level as Renault, Ferrari, McLaren simply because those teams has better stability. Honda will do something right, hopefully soon. They have major pride in their heritage and they will not let the reputation go down.

Vancehu said:
I don't believe the issues are with the drivers. Honda as a team in general has a lot to learn before they can do any thing good. History tells us that they built great engines, but they have always cherry picked the team they want to sponsor. McLaren, Williams were the top chassis builder when they were kicking some major ass, but today, it is hard to compete on the same level as Renault, Ferrari, McLaren simply because those teams has better stability. Honda will do something right, hopefully soon. They have major pride in their heritage and they will not let the reputation go down.

I agree, the team and the car have a long way to go. Mechanical problems put you out of the competition in F1 these days--Renault and Ferrari simply do not break down. The bar has been set there.

I know Button has been complaining about the balance of the car and he's still got some credibility left, so I believe him to a degree. He's the golden boy and I understand it may not be Rubens' place to moan so who knows. It gets harder and harder to believe him when Rubens outqualifies him almost every week...

And regardless, Honda continues to only have competitive speed while light on fuel. This is no good. Again, Renault and Ferrari have set the bar for speed.

Come on Honda!!:frown:

Back