• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HONDA finally announces the feature I want.

looking forward to it..

Are you talking about the possible DCT option? It's funny because with the FK8 (10th Gen CTR) I considered buying a 2020+ because they finally made available the Active Cruise Control but I just couldn't reconcile a MT in brutal LA traffic. The timing with the pandemic left me driving very little too. This new CTR would be my daily and the 5 door hatchback is like a pretty darn good do-everything car. Am I willing to give up my love for EV commuting and go ham on a 11th Gen CTR 5-door............? I'm seriously considering it with the DCT of course!

I enjoy shifting my 19..

so you are calling it buxom?

I see manual or auto, has the DCT option been announced somewhere else? I really like the look of the 22 hatch and was wondering what the CTR was going to look like. I appreciate that it looks like they aren't going full gundam on this one too. Can't imagine the dealer markup though.

The comment section of that fox news article is hilarious to read. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see manual or auto, has the DCT option been announced somewhere else? I really like the look of the 22 hatch and was wondering what the CTR was going to look like. I appreciate that it looks like they aren't going full gundam on this one too. Can't imagine the dealer markup though.
I believe it was Car & Driver that I read a DCT was possible. All rumor i'm sure. My Honda friend who has to remain hush hush told me... "hmmm... do you think Honda has a DCT in current inventory" hinting to me that Honda doesn't have a DCT supplier... This probably means a NO. I'd settle for a snappy Automatic trans though. Just please don't make it a CVT!

Should be no dealer mark-up as they will be built in the USA in HUGE numbers...

I believe it was Car & Driver that I read a DCT was possible. All rumor i'm sure. My Honda friend who has to remain hush hush told me... "hmmm... do you think Honda has a DCT in current inventory" hinting to me that Honda doesn't have a DCT supplier... This probably means a NO. I'd settle for a snappy Automatic trans though. Just please don't make it a CVT!

Lots of denial and haters on the REDDIT board about an automatic type "R" CIVIC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Civic_Type_R/new/

I am going by what was reported on YAHOO concerning the 2023 model.

Last edited:
I am hoping the new Civic Type R would not look so boyracer-esque as the outgoing one. Traditionally, Type Rs have been subtle and unassuming. One does not know what one is messing with until one gets embarrassed. That's the charm and essence of a Type R.
Steve

I have a theory that back in the 90s the bean counters guaranteed one gundam model and the engineers cashed in the IOU for the the current model. If the new one does look like these spy pics it's rather tame in comparison.

My wife's R32 VW has a DCT and I had it modified to not ever shift on its own in manual mode. I LOVE it.
H-

I went on REDDIT to ask if anybody had any additional information on the type of automatic (CVT or DCT) and they turned the thread into a manual transmission lovefest.

"embrace technology cuz it isn't going to wait till you're ready"

Is there any Honda automatic that's any good? Except the NC1, the TLX has a decent one right? I think the DCT would be nice but unlikely.

I think a kick ass DCT in the type "R" would be great.

Like I said, if they do it, I am buying one. I am so done with manuals.

I went to the local HONDA dealer to see if there is any info on a type "R" with a DCT for 2022/23.

They don't know anything, they said the company doesn't even tell them what's up.

They had two type "R" CIVICs in stock on the showroom floor a yellow "limited"edition and a white "standard" type "R".

Get this, the yellow one had a $40k markup!

The white one had a $10k markup.

I want one, but not that badly.

I went to the local HONDA dealer to see if there is any info on a type "R" with a DCT for 2022/23.

They don't know anything, they said the company doesn't even tell them what's up.

They had two type "R" CIVICs in stock on the showroom floor a yellow "limited"edition and a white "standard" type "R".

Get this, the yellow one had a $40k markup!

The white one had a $10k markup.

I want one, but not that badly.

The reason for this is that all 2021 Civic Type R models were built in Swindon, England - nowhere else not even Japan.
That factory closed for good at the end of July this year, so there are no more R models being built of this generation of Civic.
Hence dealers with stock of these truly limited edition models are able to ask quite a premium for such an in-demand commodity.
This will all change with the next generation car which is being made in the USA.

Those yellow models are selling for double what was paid new, as used cars over in the UK, at just a few months old…

While I would still favor the manual transmission, I do very much look forward to a better looking CTR :cool:

Back