• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda HQ event this past weekend (S2k)

So this past Saturday I happened to be driving by the American Honda Headquarters in Torrance (SoCal), and saw this huge event going on:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=816146&st=0

It was really amazing to see all the S2000's there all color coordinated. I'm curious who was the lone red nsx there in the photos, and how do we get Honda HQ to host an NSX event for us??? :biggrin:

(especially since it's only 10 from my house)

I cant believe there hasn't been one for the nsx. Didn't this guy also work on the nsx?

We did, it was called NSXPO 2007. I snagged his autograph on the NSXPO Poster that was in the hotel! Picked it up in the charity auction to benefit the NSXCA. My favorite piece of NSX memorabilia...

Very impressive - what a turnout! Looks like more S2000's in the parking lot than NSX's brought into the country in 15 years! :eek:

Gotta love car enthusiasts in this country, and the passion we share for great automobiles. My wife still doesn't get it.... :frown:

Great pics, and thanks for sharing. Jay

I hate to say this but NSX is dead in their book!:mad:

I guess since mr.honda is not around anymore they dont really care. He was the one who put honda in the f1. Now with him gone flare for racing has gone with him. The s2000 is not made anymore ether and honda still had this event. Are they some how still making money on this car?

the socal s2000 community organizer (user name on s2ki is back cracker - mike trinh) went to honda with the idea of the event and sold them on it. This was the second homecoming event for the s2000 (first one was in 2007)

The nsx and s2000 designer was there as the special guest (back from retirement).

i would estimate approx 500 s2000s. it was a great event ..

finally the red nsx was back crackers (he also has a black s2000). the nsx was one of the show cars. (had an original prelude, civic, integra type 4, s2000 with 260K miles, acura legend with 400K miles, fcx clarity) etc

Last edited:
yea, they have a great turn out. When i went in 2007 there was about 800 s2k's. Why they dont have a nsx meet, probably because they bring food and raffle stuff off and what not and to be honest, 20-30 nsx's probably aren't worth their time as compared to 500 s2k's that show up.

when you compare the # of s2000 sold vs nsx these turnouts are no greater than any well attended nsx meets...I am also the proud owner of an official Uehara signed glovebox :biggrin:

I was there as a 'VIP' guest with my 442k mile Legend, and Uehara signed the dashboard in it. I also had the chance to meet the Assistant VP of PR for Honda (and a couple of others from his team), tour the Honda "secret" museum, and interact with S2000 owners from across the country. This event was a LOT of work for its organizers (primarily Mike Trinh), and was 3 years in the making. Agreed, it would be sweet if Honda supported a similar event for other models. They were very welcoming.

Picture with me and Shigeru Uehara in front of my car. His English was great, and he was incredibly down to earth for being the celebrity that he is. He had flown in from Japan the day prior, and when this picture was taken, it was 2 a.m. Japan time. What a great guy for coming out to support the event.

shigeru_uehara_ty.jpg

Signing my dashboard.

shigeru_uehara.jpg

uehara_signature.jpg

Lining up for a parade lap with the other VIP cars, including Mike's gorgeous 50k mile 91 NSX.

vip_lineup.jpg

Had a great time.

i'm always amazed at how consistant and fluid his signature is ...and he signs a dump load of stuff for long periods of time:cool:

i'm always amazed at how consistant and fluid his signature is ...and he signs a dump load of stuff for long periods of time:cool:

My thoughts exactly. And I also think he doesn't get about praise around here for being the chief engineer behind the NSX. Lots of Senna talk and I understand Senna's celebrity but you can't talk about the NSX and forget Mr. Uehara.

Agreed, it would be sweet if Honda supported a similar event for other models. They were very welcoming.

Looks like a great event. And what an aweome legend. We had one of the same color combo and often regret selling it.

I wonder why Honda doesn't have a large annual, or even biannual, gathering of all of their enthusiastic owners. What better way to celebrate the Honda banner. And it'd be another revenue stream.

since we are wandering around on this thread....Honda over the years has been very generous to the nsxca in helping fund nsxpo and offering hospitality at the many grand am races around the country.Certainly our current and past presidents have also been very good at helping them open the wallet:smile:

I think we should try to work with Honda Corp more on future NSXPO/NSXCA events.

Just need someone that is good with pr to talk with them.

We can do NSX events at the HQ as well.

So this past Saturday I happened to be driving by the American Honda Headquarters in Torrance (SoCal), and saw this huge event going on:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=816146&st=0

It was really amazing to see all the S2000's there all color coordinated. I'm curious who was the lone red nsx there in the photos, and how do we get Honda HQ to host an NSX event for us??? :biggrin:

(especially since it's only 10 from my house)

Hi,

My name is Mike and I was the host of this event. We're celebrating 10 years of the Honda S2000. This NSX:

2010.09.25_S2000HomecomingII-0758.jpg

2010.09.25_S2000HomecomingII-0645.jpg

This NSX is just recently bought, and it was part of the showcase car for the retro/flagship/historic cars on the lot.

IMG_4334copy.jpg

I had the honor of driving Mr. Shigeru Uehara-San to this event. This is my Black S2000. I grew up with the S2000 since 2000, and I had the honor of purchasing my childhood dream (NSX).

In terms of setting up an NSX meet, you guys have a great group of NSX-EXPO, NSX PRIME, NSX CA to do this. I a new kid on the block, although I have 10 years of experience with this, I'm not here to step on anyones foot. Actually I only know of 4 people here, but hopefully I'll make more friends.

I just purchased my ticket for NSX-EXPO in LV. I don't know to many people so please be friendly. :smile: For the 1st time, the roles are reversed. I'm attending a paid event, and I'm not the host. This should be exciting.

Mike

Last edited:
We did, it was called NSXPO 2007. I snagged his autograph on the NSXPO Poster that was in the hotel! Picked it up in the charity auction to benefit the NSXCA. My favorite piece of NSX memorabilia...

Hi,

I was the one that bought your book. Well that book, has a very special signature on it. I'll take some pictures and host it up later. Thanks for the book. I think I need to get another one, b/c I don't want this one being touched.

Mike

Mike you will have a fabulous time...

I was there as a 'VIP' guest with my 442k mile Legend, and Uehara signed the dashboard in it. I also had the chance to meet the Assistant VP of PR for Honda (and a couple of others from his team), tour the Honda "secret" museum, and interact with S2000 owners from across the country. This event was a LOT of work for its organizers (primarily Mike Trinh), and was 3 years in the making.

:smile:

I'm glad I found you, and I'm glad you stopped by and joined my "Retro/Flagship" VIP section. Words is that you are the "few" people that got to see something very valuable at the "Historic Campus". I'm going to leave it as that, since Honda is private with a few things.

Mike

Indeed you will have a great time after the initiation process......:wink:

Back