• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda (JDM) airbag for NSX steering wheel

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase the Honda (JDM) airbag or the complete steering wheel for my NSX. I'm looking to "convert" it into the Honda NSX. I thought about getting the Momo steering wheel but I do not want quick release or more importantly sacrifice the cruise control buttons. If anyone has one please let me know!

What country are you located in? This will help because shipping the airbag is technically illegal with certain shipping carriers in certain countries.

You may also want to ask [MENTION=5347]RSO 34[/MENTION] to move this thread to the WTB section.

I thought about getting the Momo steering wheel but I do not want quick release or more importantly sacrifice the cruise control buttons.

FYI you don't need to install the Momo steering wheel with a quick release hub and there are ways to keep your cruise control buttons.

Last edited:
What country are you located in? This will help because shipping the airbag is technically illegal with certain shipping carriers in certain countries.

You may also want to ask @RSO34 to move this thread to the WTB section.

FYI you don't need to install the Momo steering wheel with a quick release hub and there are ways to keep your cruise control buttons.

Oh okay. I'm new to this forum I originally had this posted on the general discussions (oops) but it was moved here then. And I would like the OEM Honda JDM steering wheel but I was also looking into the, NSX-S or NSX-R? one of them, their steering wheel as well... do you know the other ways to keep the cruise control buttons? I cannot seem to find it. And I am located in the USA.

Oh okay. I'm new to this forum I originally had this posted on the general discussions (oops) but it was moved here then. And I would like the OEM Honda JDM steering wheel but I was also looking into the, NSX-S or NSX-R? one of them, their steering wheel as well... do you know the other ways to keep the cruise control buttons? I cannot seem to find it. And I am located in the USA.

So being in the US you'll want to find someone who has the "H" airbag stateside already as shipping an airbag overseas is a huge risk. There are a few floating around but shipping will be the issue as a lot of guys won't want to ship, huge liability reasons.

For the NSX-R steering wheel you have a few options, you can buy one of the two NSX-R OEM Momo Steering wheels or you can buy the Momo Tuner wheel. For the Type-S steering wheel you can contact Marc Perez @SpeedyPartsJapan and see if he knows if he'll be getting any more in stock, they aren't cheap and they don't come into stock very often. You could also go with several other aftermarket steering wheels but it depends on if you want the OEM look or not.

If you don't want to do the aftermarket quick release or tilt hub you can still purchase the Momo NSX-R/Type-S steering wheel hub and attach the wheel that way.

As for keeping cruise control it's just a matter of wiring up the pins in the SRS connector at the base of the steering column to buttons for Set and/or Resume. There are a few threads here on Prime that explain what pins control what and where you need a high signal and a ground. [MENTION=33247]MotorMouth93[/MENTION] is the most recent person I can recollect doing this so you may want to contact him for more specifics. I swapped my steering wheel recently but I didn't set up the buttons so I can't help there too much.

Last edited:
I have bought ah H steering wheel from AS Motorports in Europe in the past and got it shipped to the US without any issue. Bought one from within the US too. One for my car and the other I sold eventually.

I got one from overseas years ago. It had to be transported by boat.

I was going to sell it back to the original owner a year back or so, but none of the main international shipping companies would do it. Not USPS, UPS, FedEx, or DHL. I even got a special box to ship it in.

Shipping within the states should be ok. Last time I asked USPS would do it, as long as appropriately declared and only by ground.

Back