• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Honda Truck?

I was on my way home when I saw an unusual looking truck atop a transport big rig. I thought it was one of those big Cadillacs and thought nothing of it. Upon closer look however, the grill had a Honda badge! Wha.....? :eek: I must be out of the loop but I looked around the net and came up with this:

Link: Honda Truck

HON2005011046710_pv.jpg

I don't know, I'm not too crazy with the look. Not my style.

Honda Ridgeline

Looks like a mini-me version of the Avalanche IMO. I've seen a few driving around town. I think it's OK, but nothing special. The front grill area is fugly IMO. Looks like it ran into a wall. Needs some character up front, but oh well...

I won't be buying one.

pretty soon you'll start seeing these with 22+ inch wheels and an interior that looks more like the TV section at BestBuys.

that , or slammed to the ground, 5 inch fart cans sticking out the back and the typical ricer kits and decals.

I have checked them out and I like them. A lot. Don't knock on it until you have checked it out first hand. The real negative for me was the MPGs this rig got. I had expected a lot better from honda. For a six cylinder with VTEC this truck just uses too much gas when not being used to haul.

I agree with Juice. I looked into buying one to replace my ten year old Chevy C/K 1400 work truck. The two reasons I decided against it are that it is really too nice to work out of ( it's more of an SUV than a truck ) and the mileage was way too low. I would have also expected much higher mileage numbers out of a Honda.

Well it does weight 4600 lbs. I believe the mileage to be good compared to other trucks in its class. Many of my customers were expecting a V8 but if that was the case, you'd see about 10-12mpg and they wouldn't sell.

Thought the towing capacity to be a bit low :eek: . Maybe not for a V-6, but for a "Full-Sized" Truck in it's class :wink:. I was hoping for a V-8 as a replacement for my Silvy 1500. Maybe next year :biggrin: are you listening Honda?

ss_md said:
Thought the towing capacity to be a bit low :eek: . Maybe not for a V-6, but for a "Full-Sized" Truck in it's class :wink:. I was hoping for a V-8 as a replacement for my Silvy 1500. Maybe next year :biggrin: are you listening Honda?

Honda is currently running a gasoline V8; hopefully this will be the mother of all Honda V8.

Back