• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hood light not coming on when open

Hey guys, I have an issue with my cluster I think. When my hood is open, I do not get the illuminated light on my cluster. I unplugged the hood release switch and it is reading closed loop when shut and open loop when opened with a multimeter. Is there a single bulb which illuminates the cluster for this switch?

dont think there is a hood open light according to the owners manual. the front light on the door and lamp indicator is for the headlight doors.

The hood/bonnet switch is a trigger for the Security Control Unit.

I suppose you could tap into it and the send the status to your cluster (the MT has unused AT selector lamp connections).

There is a safety indicator for open trunk, engine hatch and dorrs; but, no safety indicator for the front hood. I suppose that Honda figured that if the front hood latch is loose and catches in the wind at speed the secondary catch will suffice and if it doesn't you will become rapidly aware of the problem when the hood smacks into the windshield.

Huh. Ok I guess I never noticed this all these years. You would think you would want a hood open warning light versus an open hatch warning.

Back