• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How best to free up rear suspension adjustment nut?

Last time I had the car in to Acura for a 4-wheel alignment, they said they couldn't loosen the adjustment nut on the passenger rear (see attached picture - just below center). I have some new Bilsteins that I'd like to install but not sure I want to embark on that until we can free the adjustment enough to properly align it after. Obviously I made not attempt to clean things up before taking the picture .. and it has been many months since Acura tried to adjust it ... but assuming I used a wire wheel on the threads and maybe some PB blaster (or whatever it's called), does anyone have any suggestions on how to loosen this. Since it's aluminum, Acura didn't want to heat it up the side pieces with a torch like you might with something steel but maybe they were being overly cautious. Anybody run into this before? As people know, I drive it in the winter but that didn't seem to affect the other 3 adjustments and in 12 years, this is the first time this one has been 'stuck'.
Rear adjuster nut.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using Aero-Kroil in the aviation industry for YEARS and it's hands down the best penetrating lubricant fluid you can get your hands on.
If it doesn't work then it's time for a new one but it will work when used properly.

Cheers
nigel

Tks for the suggestions guys. It wasn't obvious at first but you've both suggested the same company. Nigel, given that the aviation industry uses a lot of aluminum, I was particularly interested in the Aero-Kroil product but the website doesn't say anything about aluminum. Do you have experience using it to free frozen aluminum parts?
Tks ...Ian

I've used it for YEARS on everything from N1 turbine discs on Falcon jets to panel screws on Bell Helicopters.
KANO LABS it the company that makes Aero-Kroil.
It's the bollicks!

Cheers
nigel

Back