• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How I got my camera.

Smells like fake.

Nevertheless I wouldn't want to live in a country anyone can just take out their gun and aim it at me, what would've happend if one of those two guys got one too? Don't want to think about that..

ALIENT said:
Do Rednecks drive Toyota trucks?

Yes, they do. I've had similar things happen to me, so I guess I'm buying into it as the real deal. Actually, it struck a little too close to home for me. Had a bunch of hicks in a black pick up follow me and my girl for miles one night and they would pull up beside us and yell how they were "gonna rape my woman and then steal my fancy car."

I was driving a Toyota Camry at the time.

Smells like a fake to me.

But, I wouldn't want to live in a country where I couldn't carry a gun with me in the case of something like that happening. What would have happened if the rednecks in the truck had a gun and the guy in the car didn't?

Well that's simple. He wouldn't have one because he would have to pass multiple tests to get the license to carry firearms, and with the IQ below room temperature there would be no way he could pass the tests. :)

Klayton said:
Smells like fake.

Nevertheless I wouldn't want to live in a country anyone can just take out their gun and aim it at me, what would've happend if one of those two guys got one too? Don't want to think about that..

Thankfully we have the right to bear arms here in the USofA. Unfortunately, it's only the illegal actions that you usually hear about. As for what would happen if the other guys had guns too? Well, I know that I would never pull out a weapon unless I was 100% committed to using it right then and there. In this scenario the guy with the gun did show great restraint.

DocL said:
Thankfully we have the right to bear arms here in the USofA.
:eek:

DocL said:
Unfortunately, it's only the illegal actions that you usually hear about.
What are legal actions you can take with your gun? Shooting at a gun range? That got nothing to do with the fact anyone can just take out their gun and aim at you your family etc. It is funny how you try to eliminate that risk with the argument you can carry a gun too.. that sure makes it a lot safer. :rolleyes:

DocL said:
As for what would happen if the other guys had guns too? Well, I know that I would never pull out a weapon unless I was 100% committed to using it right then and there.
I'm sure you will, but in my opinion a situation where it's 100% necessary to take out your gun would not begin without both parties having guns at all. Get the idea?

DocL said:
In this scenario the guy with the gun did show great restraint.
Restraint? :eek: He aimed a weapon at two guys without a doubt he would shoot them if they don't do exactly what he wants. And he used the gun to take their camera. Over here that's called armed robbery.

Of course it's those two guys own fault they got a gun pointed at them..

Greetings
Klayton

Klayton said:
What are legal actions you can take with your gun?
Florida now has a "stand your ground" law which means legally armed citizens are allowed to meet force with force and are under no obligation to flee. So, if you threaten me with deadly force, I am allowed to kill you. If that video were real, being chased and finally threatened with that baseball bat would be plenty of justification to shoot the attacker.

IMO, that's the way it ought to be.

Given that criminals don't give a crap if their guns are legal or not, it only makes sense to allow law abiding citizens the ability to defend themselves.

Cultures differ. Europe isn't America. I don't think anyone will ever succeed in taking the wild wild west out of America, nor would I want them to.

Klayton, while I respect your opinion there are individual laws in each state that do protect the victim. In the video, the BMW driver was the victim.

Klayton said:
:eek:

What are legal actions you can take with your gun? Shooting at a gun range? That got nothing to do with the fact anyone can just take out their gun and aim at you your family etc. It is funny how you try to eliminate that risk with the argument you can carry a gun too.. that sure makes it a lot safer. :rolleyes:

Bodypainter eloquently answered this one for me. Thanks buddy. :wink:

Klayton said:
I'm sure you will, but in my opinion a situation where it's 100% necessary to take out your gun would not begin without both parties having guns at all. Get the idea?

If someone comes at me with a bat and I have gun, I'm going to defend myself. It's not the fault of the gun owner that he has the better weapon. The guy with the bat took a risk and he lost. It's simple, don't threaten people.

Klayton said:
Restraint? :eek: He aimed a weapon at two guys without a doubt he would shoot them if they don't do exactly what he wants. And he used the gun to take their camera. Over here that's called armed robbery.

The guy with gun showed restraint by not shooting the guy with the bat. I know that I would have fired off a round into the truck or at one of his legs as soon as I got out of my car. Yes he did "steal" the camera, but it did contain evidence of the crime that those rednecks commited. Stalking and threatening someone with a bat is not leagal here, and I hope it's not legal in Germany.[/quote]

Klayton said:
Of course it's those two guys own fault they got a gun pointed at them.

It seems that we both come to the same conclusion. A happy ending after all. :smile:

Klayton said:
:Greetings
Klayton

Have a safe day.

Lame...looked totally fake.

Who tapes something like that, and then, who ZOOMS in on a gun when it's drawn on your buddy?

Answer: people making a lame movie.

(Sorry guys, it was painfully fake)

The reason we have the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution which permits citizens to keep and bear arms is that the founders of this country knew all too well what happens when a Government is armed and people are not. They came from Europe.

How many times in the last 200 years has an oppressive dictatorship risen up and caused all kinds of grief in Europe and in all other parts of the world? This could never happen in the U.S.

We have to be the world's police department because the rest of you are just plain out of control. Thankfully nothing has happened in a scale as large as World War II but how could it? When you really think about, we are still occupying most of Europe and a large part of the rest of the world. There are U.S. military bases in almost every European country and over the Pacific rim. The U.S. Navy has several task forces in constant deployment, no more than a couple of days away from anywhere on the globe each with enough firepower to obliterate any opposing force.I can only imagine the crap the world would have gotten itself into if those bases weren't there.

Yes, guns are controversial. What you don't hear on the news are the millions of crimes thwarted every year by citizens brandishing a weapon against a criminal. The news doesn't mention the fact that violent crimes, home invasions and robberies are much lower in areas with relaxed gun laws than in areas with strict controls. In fact since Florida enacted it's right to carry law back in the lare 80's I think, these types of crimes have steadily declined.

We need our guns in America. We need them to protect ourselves from our Government and more importantly, we need them to protect the rest of the world from itself.

I found my digital camera in the back seat of a taxi in Chicago. Driver said, "just keep it". :D

Hugh said:
we need them to protect the rest of the world from itself.
LMAO

Wuaha check this out it got even better:
Hugh said:
When you really think about, we are still occupying most of Europe and a large part of the rest of the world. There are U.S. military bases in almost every European country and over the Pacific rim.
smiley_rofl.gif

flyeyes said:
I found my digital camera in the back seat of a taxi in Chicago. Driver said, "just keep it". :D

:D
Nice.

Klayton, don't even bother man, the american way of thinking and the way we think is so different as it gets :tongue:

I have a "CWP"...Concealed weapons permit.....and in my NSX is a small hand gun a Keltec P-32.....Its there because it makes ME feel better....If I am in an area that I dont know or putting gas in my car at night....Its better safe than sorry......I live in South Florida which is very transient and spend alot of time in Fort Lauderdale which is IMO full of drug users and homeless people....these people are unpredictable....

|Adeel said:
...the way we think is so different as it gets
Like this? :biggrin:

vikingen_.jpg

BTW, I thought it was fake as heck too. Funny though.

Hugh said:
We need our guns in America. We need them to protect ourselves from our Government and more importantly, we need them to protect the rest of the world from itself.

Australia has become progressively more limp d*cked about guns. It seems one or two bad apples has spoilt it for everyone!

I remember when I was allowed to bring my gun to school as a 13yr old because shooting was offered as a sport. I just used to sling it over my shoulder and catch the bus... No-one thought anything about it.

Now days... Only the criminals and the police have guns... If your not either of those... Your f*cked if someone wants to come into your home tie you up and rape your wife and daughter... If I was to have an illegal gun and shot that criminal... I would go to jail for murder!

The guns I had as a boy and given to me by my grandfather are now illegal and had to be handed into the police! The police been the incompetents they are, let the compound get broken into and they were stolen along with some of their own guns to criminal gangs...

There are places in the western suburbs of Sydney normal people will not go to for fear of the gangs that are there that do have guns... It's not right! It's not Australian! Allow law-abiding citizens the means to defend themselves... Bring back the guns I say!!!

Last edited:
Back