• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many drive in winter when weather is warmer?

Been garaged/covered for about a month, but today it's 55 degrees and dry so I may get it out. I live in OH btw.

Do most of you do the same? My main concern is just getting the car dirty/dusty since it's pretty immaculate right now lol...and it's impossible to wash when temps drop to frigid again. Prob just use California Duster and quick detail afterwards and re-cover it.

I've been doing just that with the bee for 25 NE Pa winters...

I've been doing just that with the bee for 25 NE Pa winters...

Awesome! Yeah, PA gets some arctic winters! 'm not too concerned about temps, more about keeping the vehicle clean...especially when there is salt on the road (even if the salt is dry).

just gotta deal with it....Patina...and my car is black....white..np...have fun..

I live in the Seattle area and the weather usually doesn't get too cold so I still drive my car a few times during the colder months.

Life is too short - enjoy your car! Use unusual warm winter days as wonderful holiday gifts. Plus, you have full-body PPF :biggrin:

I had mine out for it's weekly go this week, it was 34 degrees in Chicago

The winter tires don't slip at all, makes a huge difference in being able to enjoy the car

I'm also winter driving my CTR with the oem contis same as the 19 and up NC1..the internet lore of sliding off the road in below freezing temps/tires cracking into a million pieces is overdone...

I had mine out for it's weekly go this week, it was 34 degrees in Chicago

The winter tires don't slip at all, makes a huge difference in being able to enjoy the car

That's good to hear. I still have summer tires on

Your example was a 55 degree day

The summer tires are fine in that weather

Does temp impact summer tires? I guess I just always assumed the hazard eith running summer tires was more with wet, icy roads.

Last edited:
Summer tires are slippery in the dry at 40 degrees, and can be damaged by sub-freezing temperatures even when the car is parked.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=273

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=220

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting. In 20+ years of storing cars in my garage for the winter, I've never removed summer tires (to store)...never had a problem either...knock on wood!

I wonder what % of people in general remove their summer tires in winter months. My guess is it's low.

Last edited:
Back