• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much is this worth 94 NSX

hey guys Im trying to figure out what do you guys think you would pay for a 94 NSX with about 39,000 in good condition. its completely stock except for a lip kit and 18"? gram light wheels.. i went to KBB and it says its worth about 29-30k? would you guys more than kbb just because its a nsx?

"good condition" can mean almost anything cuz it's all relative. But with around 40K and a 94 (which to me is more desireable over 91-93 not because of the year but beause it came with extra options), I would expect pay around 30K give or take 1-2 grand depending on body/paint condition, documentation of work done, interior cleanliness, etc

whoa fast response.. yea i was thinking the same. i met the guy and he showed me this car.. hes really cool and all but i think the price is steep.. he asking like 37 for it

TommyT said:
hey guys Im trying to figure out what do you guys think you would pay for a 94 NSX with about 39,000 in good condition. its completely stock except for a lip kit and 18"? gram light wheels.. i went to KBB and it says its worth about 29-30k? would you guys more than kbb just because its a nsx?

$29 to $30K is a good price for a 94 with 39K miles provided that it is in good original condition. I've seen 91 goes for low $30K with the same mileage in good original cond.

FormulaRX said:
"good condition" can mean almost anything cuz it's all relative. But with around 40K and a 94 (which to me is more desireable over 91-93 not because of the year but beause it came with extra options), I would expect pay around 30K give or take 1-2 grand depending on body/paint condition, documentation of work done, interior cleanliness, etc

$30K is not going to get you a 94 with this low mileage in good original condition. Maybe one with a salvage title. :rolleyes:

ya, if you want a 94' with that low miles and "good" condition for $30k, you may have to wait a bit- LIKE A FEW YEARS!

Seems to me that low mileage NSX, such as this one, regardless of the year, will have a baseline of low 30s. Then, given the fact that its a 94 vs earlier model, you may pay an incremental premium. Given this, I would say you should expect to pay between $34-38k for this car

Negotiate with him, maybe you can bring him down a K or so, and that would be a very good deal, considering you can hold the car for 2 or 3 years and sell it for about the same price.(depending on how many miles you put on it)

whoa you guys are badass.. thanks for the great input! yea i was looking at probably paying no more then 35 for it.. hopefully he will sale it for that!

TommyT said:
nis350 what would you pay for it.. i was thinking to myself around 35?

$35k is good. Do some research here and make sure that all those problem items are working (air cond., speaker amp, etc..) Also make sure that that it is original in and out... Also be sure the time belt and water pump is done and the clutch & trans in good condition. Good luck. :wink:

KBB is way off when it comes to early model NSX's, so just throw it out the window when pricing them out..NSX's as you should already know are rare and current owners can pretty much set the market. When there is only 4 NSX's (91-04) in the So Cal region Auto Trader mag. at any giving time(sometimes more, somtimes less) you pretty much will pay the going rate if you want an NSX and can't wait...Otherwise do a nation wide search on here or AutoTrader.com and be prepared to do alot of homework and buy a oneway airline ticket and hope you found the right one before you hop on a plane 1000-3000 miles away from home, like I and several others here have done. :biggrin:

If 30-32K tops is your budget, nothing wrong with a 91-93 as long as it checks out...Not much difference at all between 91-94. Good luck.

hehe, or you can wire a check for ~$50k, 1500 miles away and hope the car the seller is shipping is what is represented by the pics posted on EBAY....

But not too many follow in my footsteps!!!

...okay okay, not that crazy, a relative did see the car once before my purchase... :smile:

I would think mid-$30s, maybe a little more if it's clean. That $29-$30K price is way low.

I found this price guide to be spot on.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/pricing.htm

Have also found many sellers grade/price their cars a notch or two higher than actual cond. Many sellers are in dream land, where others are tired of showing their cars to non qualified, joy riding, tire kicking non buyers.
In my mind, an A+ car is a trailer queen, how many NSX's are in that category? And yet look all the cars advertised in the A+ range.

I bought a mint 2 owner 94 this week, 2nd owner had it 9yrs.
Paid more than 30k but less than 37k.
59,125 mi., complete history from day one, 1st sold 2/95, Ca. car since 97, orig paint, no door dings, $5k+ in susp /exhaust mods, window sticker, Ti key, all receipts & all maint performed, the works.
I didn't see any "nice" 91's for 30k let alone a 94. Did see quite a few 91 duds in the $30-$33 range and a couple middle of the road, no maint 94's for over $40k.
Let us know how it turns out!

P4100086a.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
whoa thanks guys!! This forum is AWESOME! I hope to get to meet you guys one day if I do get an NSX! I am looking forward to learn alot from you guys!

TommyT, this is Pirana, nice to meet you tonight....maybe if you are serious, we can go and check the car again...I will look it over and let you know my opinion.

Vic

w0rd up Pirana. Yea Im serious but I need to sale my car first.. I am thinking of dropping the price on my car again here pretty soo.. we'll see how it goes!

Just for reference....I bought my '94 NSX almost 2 years ago with about 67,000 miles on it and paid $30,000. The car was in very nice shape, but not perfect. To get a car like you describe I would expect to pay about $34,000-$35,000 if the car is in very good condition with records and no stories.

Back