• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to cool your CTSC (video attached)

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
I put this together for the folks in the Facebook NSX Owners Group to help address questions regarding my method for cooling positive displacement superchargers like the CTSC (Autorotor in my case). I've used methanol/water injection for a few years now... successfully. Hope it helps!

p.s. I know many folks here are much smarter than I so i'd welcome the discussion. Please share your experiences!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pey4tGDZ8gc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

since when did you become such a pro youtuber? keep these videos coming!
ha! that's pretty funny. it's actually easier to film something than type out long discussions on Facebook or prime. It's certainly easier than answering the same questions over PM :)

I'll use this account to answer most NSX related questions and topics so feel free to be my first subscriber (LOL)

It definitely has more whine than a Lysholm. It sounds cool though.

Thanks for the articulate video..... I have tried to figure all the variables for cooling the autorotor intake temps . as i eluded to in the pm i thought the most bullet proof method was the aftercooler , i don't track the car but i do driver fairly aggressively at times. your response to my pm was very appreciated and i would like to dig a bit deeper. I had not found the solution for the intake port from as motorsports you found and struggled with what you explained about just spraying through the intake snout, I didnt tell you not only did i buy an aftercooler but prior to that bought an aem meth injection kit with both a 1 and 5 galllon tank not knowing which i would use but knowing i didnt want to run out of methanol with a meth tune . You explained as well as cured my fears of a car tuned to meth that runs out of meth. I pm'd again
also any folks out there with aftercooler on blower set ups have any input?
Perhaps my poor attempt at a video did not answer all cooling questions after all. LOL

You have PM.

Do you recommend the meth kit for a dialy driven ctsc nsx. I never track at all with it.
I recommend it for any CTSC setup but you maximize your returns the more aggressive you drive it. A lightly driven CTSC... The need isn't as vital.

At the end of the day it's kind of like saying you want regular oil or synthetic. Ok... maybe bad example lol

$0.02

Video wont load at work here. So Ill Sub here to watch it later.

I recommend it for any CTSC setup but you maximize your returns the more aggressive you drive it. A lightly driven CTSC... The need isn't as vital.

At the end of the day it's kind of like saying you want regular oil or synthetic. Ok... maybe bad example lol

$0.02

Im thinking with the SoCal heat it might be a good idea.

Back