• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to keep cats off your NSX hood.

I keep an artificial moist chamois in a Ziploc bag (not sealed, but rolled up or left part of the way open to breathe) and a spray bottle of water (after I used up the quick detailer that came in it). Makes dust, light dirt, and puddle splashes easy to clean on the lower surfaces or around wheel arches.

I got this from your link:

DID YOU KNOW?
Racoon meat is good to eat and tastes like lamb.
http://www.wonderclub.com/Wildlife/mammals/racoon.html

Now, who want to hunt a racoon since it tastes like lamb?

smile.gif

Cats are very, very evil creatures.

This thread bugs me...I love cats, grew up with six and have three myself. They are anything but evil. And I would never declaw a cat...

As for what to do about training them to not go on your car, I can't recommend anything other than park your car in a garage. I don't even leave my NSX parked outside in front of my mom's place because her neighborhood is filled with cats (she always moves her car out of her garage when I drop by in the NSX). Water training isn't 100% effective as some cats actually like water.

And just so you all know, I've done my part to protect your NSXs from my cats...we don't allow them to go outside!
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 04 January 2003).]

A cat poem?

I love little pussy her coat is so warm,
and if I don't hurt her she'll do me no harm.
So I'll not pull her tail nor chase her away and pussy and me will quietly play.
I'll sit by the fire and give her some food, and pussy will love me cause' I am so good.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by pbassjo (edited 04 January 2003).]

Any new leads??? I have a cat that is not declawed. He loves to sleep on the truck lid of my NSX. And every morning when I open the door to the garage, boom, he takes off running because he knows he's not suppose to be on it.

Is there something I can lightly spray onto the car cover that will make him not want to sit on it? Something home made maybe? Something safe to use on the car cover, that's safe for the car as well?

Thanks
- Z

Ha ha. How do they make those things?!

Paw prints are a drag, but check this out - one of my delightful neighbor's dogs always sh*** on my driveway ( it could go out in the desert, but I guess it prefers the tidy look and feel of the driveway ). Due to the type of driveway it's hard to see, and I often run over it. The smell wafting through the car lets me know that it's time to do a thorough wheel well cleaning yet again. That's if I'm lucky and ran over it on the way out - if the worst happened and I ran over it on the way in I can add hosing the garage out to the task. The least they could do is feed the poor animal some decent brand of dog food.

All this just proves once again that the animals are never the problem - it's always the people. I am a big believer in treating animals humanely, but humans - well that's another story. I think I'll just follow nsxtasy's advice and " Shoot, Shovel, and Shut Up!!! "

The simplest and most effective AND probably in your cabinet: Ammonia. Squirt around the outside perimeter of the car port (essentially marking YOUR territory) Then use mothballs near your car…

Put a few mouse traps on the hood and roof!

Cats on cars?

Make sure you FIRST scroll down and view the clip at the bottom of the page :)

Cat attach

ACCD

ACCD said:
Make sure you FIRST scroll down and view the clip at the bottom of the page
You appear to be referring us to what vintagecarman already posted, above.

Somebody is crazy if they think cats are nice, loving creatures. There right next to wifes. :D j/k i'll have every woman on th internet wanting to cut my jewels off. I had a cat get on my fully restored 65 mustang. I walked out in my garage to find it clawing on the roof like they do carpet. Needless to say the cat isn't work a 8,000 dollar paint job. When I finally caught it, it was like WWIII between us. But I came out on top, and no more cat prints after that. ;)

keep a card board box about 10 to 12" high and a old cushion on top. locate it somewhat away from your car. Cushion will be much more comfy than your car. I have 2 cats in my garage. they always manage to sleep on top of some type of box.

Cats hate moth balls. I know that if you want to keep cats out of your plants, you put moth balls in the pot. Maybe you could try putting some moth balls on the hood or in some paper plates & place them around the hood?? Just an idea, not sure if it'll work but at least it's not as cruel as some of the other suggestions. So many cat haters, whats up w/ that?!

Back