• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Life & Times of My 2NDW1FE

I created an introduction thread but felt an actual "build" thread would be a more appropriate thread going forward. As most, I'd like to keep this as an on-going history of my NSX. Besides, these are always fun to follow and look back to in the future. As my screenname and license plate suggest, I am married and no it doesn't mean I'm on my second marriage or that I'm not happily married lol. In fact, my "number one" wife is my biggest supporter! You'd be surprised at the wide array of reactions I get to my plate lol.

I continue to look forward to making long-lasting relationships with great people along the way! Enjoy!

Introduction:

Hello everyone! I wanted to introduce myself as I do in all the forums I join. My name is Fernando, I live in the NYC area and I enjoy all types of car related events: Cruises, Shows, Fun Run's, X-country road trips, Tech Days, etc and just spending time with like-minded individuals. I was in the market for an NSX for a few months in 2015 while deciding whether or not I wanted to sell my 2007 New Formula Red S2000 with 45K miles. After discussing with friends and family, it just made sense to bite the bullet and own a truly incredible piece of automotive history while I could. This of course after receiving the wife's stamp of approval lol.

Unlike most of the intro threads I've seen on Prime, most will say it has been their childhood dream to own an NSX. In my case, I actually never really saw the car as attainable and was comfortable with that. With hard work I knew that one day it could be a possibility but in the interim, I made sure to enjoy all different types of platforms that I saw as "attainable".

Background:
I've gone through a number of cars (which ironically enough), the more I think about it, the more I realize they've all led up to the NSX. Of course it starts with any car you can get your hands on, regardless of what it is! For me it was a hand-me-down 1991 Dodge Caravan and then a 1988 Honda Accord I bought with my own money while in high school.

It then continues with your first "expensive" car. The car you can truly say you purchased on your own. You had an idea, you did the research, you secured the funding, located the car and then made it happen. For me, that was a 2001 Honda Prelude in Pearl White that I purchased in 2006. It was a prestine, low mileage example with 15K miles. Beautiful in person. In my opinion, still one of the greatest styled Honda's with the long nose. Too bad they're severly under-powered, but still sexy!

Problem with the Prelude was that it was an automatic. Thus came my quench for a manual car. It came in the form of one of the best AWD sedans of all time, the Mitsubishi Evolution. A buddy of mine let me drive his brand new MR in 2006 and I was immediately hooked. I sold the Prelude in 2007 and bought a 2006 Evo in Graphite Grey with 11K miles. Learned how to drive stick in it and kept it for a year or two. Did most of the bolt-ons but kept the turbo stock.I then decided it was time to propose to my wife so I sold the Evo, knowing I'd own another some time.

DSC09877v2.jpg

100_0352a.jpg

100_0279.jpg

Between that time and getting married, I went through a 1995 Nissan 240SX, 1999 Civic EK sedan, 1995 Toyota 4Runner and finally a 1999.5 GTI VR6. The amount of cabin space in that hatchback was always memorizing and the exhaust note - intoxicating.

Within a month of getting married, I kept my promise and found another low-mileage, clean Evo IX. This time it was the Special Edition. Had all bolt-ons and upgraded stock-frame turbo, pushing 400WHP/400TQ on a mustang dyno on '93 pump gas. I used that for a couple of years as my daily driver all-year around. I truly enjoyed that car. At that point my career was developing (still is) but I convinced myself that having a dedicated DD and a dedicated weekend car would be possible.

At that point in 2014, I picked up an '01 Honda CRV. This is the definition of a work-horse. Made sure to bring all maintenance up-to-date along with a valve adjustment and not a peep from her - just gas and go.

For the price of the Evo, I figured, what else could I enjoy for cruising on nice days and keep as a summer-only car? In popped the idea of owning a convertible. I had never owned one so why not now? I had never driven one before but as soon as I test drove it, I knew it was going to be a great summer! The countless reviews and first impression threads, all had it right. It is an amazing platform to truly enjoy driving as an art form. High revs, direct gear linkage, coupe, rwd and reliability of a Honda = no brainer!

After enjoying the S2K for a year (including a stored winter), I knew there would be no substitute to owning an S2000 or so I thought. I know other S2K owners ask themselves all the time, "what else could I drive instead". The saying, out of sight, out of mind, goes a long way with the S2K. Some days you feel like you're missing out on another platform. Well, that bug hit me hard and off I went doing some research and absorbing as many NSX youtube videos as I could.

My New NSX:
I found my NSX here on Prime after searching for a few weeks. As with many recent buyers, you start to hit yourself for not buying one sooner since it seems they are appreciating so quickly. My weekend baby is a 1991 Formula Red with black interior. I purchased the car with 41,000 original miles from a great previous owner out in Arizona. I had a great friend willing to take off from work to fly with me out to AZ to make the 4-day/2,600 mile road trip back home to NYC.

Details on the car:

• 40,700 original miles
  • California car for 23 years before moving to Arizona for just one year.
  • Clean Carfax, 3 previous owners - (1st owner for 25K miles, 2nd for 14K miles, 3rd for 2K miles)
  • Not in snap-ring range
  • March 2014 - Full Service including: TB, WP, Cam Seals, Valve Cover, Spark Plugs, Clutch to Slave hose replaced and R134 A/C retrofit
  • Pride Lightweight thick-walled exhaust
  • Pride 300-cell cats
  • Comptech Headers
  • Downforce Intake
  • BC Coilovers w/ Swift Spring Upgrade
  • RDX Injectors
  • Prospeed ECU Stage 2 Tune
  • Host of NSX Memoribilia: Die cast models, banners, news publications, car reviews, car cover, front bra, huge binder with FULL history, etc.

From the seller:

First Impressions:
What an incredible machine! I'd never driven an NSX, let alone sat in the drivers seat before arriving in Arizona. As soon as I saw the car, I couldn't help but notice how low profile and elongated the rear is, especially when standing next to my rental (Dodge Dart). Once I sat in the cockpit, I noticed how roomy it was! In the S2000, as soon as you shut the door, you really don't get any wiggle room. You immediately feel enclosed because the arm rest on both sides are right there. When driving spiritedly it's definitely welcomed, but on long trips, not so much. Mind you I'm not that big of a guy (6ft, 180lbs). The cabin space in the NSX felt exactly as mentioned in the brochure book, two individual cockpits with plenty of privacy space. For the long trip ahead of us, it was perfect!

The seller walked me around the entire car, showing me all of the ins and outs of each of the switches, panels, bay, etc. Definitely felt like the VIP treatment lol. First thing I did was mount my Broadway blue-tinted rear view mirror and slap on my EZ-Pass. I then proceeded to start her up. WOW, what an awesome roar! The greatest thing I've noticed about the mods on the car, is that they all helped enhance the experience which I'm sure differs greatly from an otherwise 100% stock car. All of the bolts-ons really compliment the car and help keep the car subdued until you show the pedal some love and then the NSX shows you love back in the form of a lions roar.

Backing up from the storage garage presented little to no issue, however, every clutch is different and getting myself adjusted to the OEM twin-disc took some mental coordination. I actually didn't even about know this until I read it in the book! The subsequent traffic lights helped me quickly adjust and luckily didn't stall once. Like I had read in so many threads before, the visibility is amazing. I like how I can see the front wheel wells and then the hood just slopes off. With the softtop up, the S2000 has one of the worst blind-spots ever. With the thinner side panels on the NSX, elongated door which goes passed my shoulders and the wrap-around hatch glass, you can truly appreciate the F-16 inspired design.

The seats hugged me well and the interior feels plenty nice for me.All the necessary inputs right in front of you. Nothing felt like it was hard to reach nor placed in an ackward spot. The brushed analog cluster is beautiful and inviting when taking a glance. Even if I didn't need to, I would take a quick peak while driving just to see it. Another bonus was that the prior owner had fixed the OEM radio and converted the A/C, so we had all we needed for the road ahead.

Cross-Country Trip:
Cities Travelled: 12 States, 7 CitiesTucson, AZ (dinner) ---> El Paso, TX (slept) ---> Ft. Worth, TX (lunch) ---> Little Rock, AR (slept) --> Nashville, TN (lunch) --> Roanoke, VA (slept) --> Brooklyn, NY (home)
Total Distance: 2,600 miles
Total Time: 4 Days --> 4PM (UTC) Thursday, 8/20 - 4PM (EST) Sunday, 8/23
Summary: I had done a trip from NY to LA about 6 years ago, albeit in a 2001 Civic sedan with a trunk full of luggage and four passengers on-board, so not the most pleasant but definitely a great experience seeing all of the sites along the way. On the trip back to the east-coast, the best drive was going through the twisty highway in TN. We did get caught in some HEAVY downpour in the beginning of TN but nothing the NSX couldn't handle. I wish we would have had extra time to have driven through Blue Ridge Pkwy, Smokey Mountain, Tail of the Dragon, etc. And what would a cross-country trip in a sports car be without a run in with law enforcement? Thanks for the memento VA! Would I do it again? Hell Yeah! The ride was super comfortable and the drone was extremely bearable, if not pleasant! It would have been awesome to have had a caravan of NSX's, next time!

Back At Home:
Giving her a good wash and admiring the prestine original paint. Note my old S2K in the background.

To the Seller:
Marc, I can't thank you enough for all of the patience, help and kindness you showed along the way. The entire process did take about 2.5 weeks but you never came across as impatient. You also took the time to answer each and everyone of my questions, you paid for the PPI, gave me free bins to ship all of the stock stuff back home and even offered to join us for a parting meal (I still owe you a burger from "Lindy's on 4th"). Truly a stand-up guy and please do follow my thread as I plan on keeping all of my adventures logged here. Best of luck with your future toys! Be sure to send over some pics of your 'R' project.

Modification List (as of March 2016):
Performance:
1) Comptech Headers
2) Pride Lightweight Thick-Walled Exhaust
3) Pride 300 Cell HFC's
4) Downforce Air Intake
5) ECU Stage 2 Tune with RDX Injectors

Suspension:
1) BC Racing Coilovers with Swift Spring Upgrade
2) Zanardi rear sway bar (19mm)
3) NSX-R front sway-bar
4) NSX-R front chassis bars
5) TiDave non-compliance front pivot clamps
6) TiDave adjustable sway bar links

Wheels/Brakes:
1) Volk Racing CE28 in Gunmetal Black in 17x8+33 and 18x9.5+22 w/ center caps
2) Advan AD08R in 215/40/17 and 265/35/18
3) McGard Tuner Lug Set in Gold

Interior:
1) Honda Nav Display Pod
2) Google Nexus 7 32GB (2013 model)
3) NSX-R 2002 full black headliner conversion
4) iKonik LED set interior/exterior
5) Works Bell Quick Release Rapfix II
6) Works BOSS Short Hub

7) Momo Tuner 350mm
8) NSX-R Horn
9) SOS Type-S style shift knob
10) Broadway Blue-Tint Rearview Mirror

Exterior:
1) SOS Stealth License Plate
2) Morimoto Elite HID Kit (35W, 5500K)
3) Wifi Backup Camera
4) Moddiction Convex Blue-tinted side mirrors
5) JDM 3-Piece Taillight Set (smoked)
6) Brake Light Flash Kit (mode 5)

Future Mod's - What fun would it be if we didn't plan ahead?
1) JDM 5-speed Short Gear Set (2017)
2) NSX-R 4.23 Final Drive Kit (2017)

3) 2002+ OEM Rear Valence (2018)
4) 2002+ OEM Side Skirts (2018)
5) NSX-R wing from Pride (2018)
6) Difflow Diffuser (2018)
7) STMPO tower bar (2018)
8) 2002+ OEM ABS conversion (2019)
9) StopTech BBK Trophy Kit (2019)
10) CTSC 1.7L Autorotor Kit (2020)

"Build" threads are always fun as you can get ideas from others or simply share in the pleasure of enjoying a vehicle. With that in mind, I will keep this thread alive with updates of my NSX along the way. Please feel free to comment and provide your personal experiences.

Regards,
Fernando

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, "okay, this is the limit". As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
- Ayrton Senna

Last edited:
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> August 2015:
Some final pictures parting ways with my 2007 s2000. The car is in great hands with the new owner. Luckily he is not too far so I can still check up on her from time-to-time:

Purchased an SOS stealth license plate bracket to help avoid any issues from local police, plus it actually flows really well with the car:
20150824_170344_1.jpg

September 2015:
I went on a spending frenzy right after not modding for one month and I have ZERO regrets....my account is a different story, but all justified in my mind.

A) 2002+ OEM rear valence which UPS decided was OK to toss around:

Luckily it's contents were well wrapped and a pleasure to see

B) Morimoto Elite HID Kit (5500K) - Based on recommendations here on Prime and with the added help of prime member @jazzmann I installed a set of Morimoto Elite HID kit from Theretrofitsource. I opted for the 35W, 5500K output set and could not be happier! It reminds me of the output from my S2000. The install was a little tricky since the kit has changed slightly throughout the year. Would definitely recommend this kit to anyone interested in upgrading to HID. This was a simple mock-up to ensure everything was working properly. Everything is nice, tucked and secured now.

I'm happy with the cutoff given the stock projectors and glass housing:

71D93E46-6803-48ED-8E80-0DE0D526EEC3.jpg

C) Full exterior detail - Last but not least, I had a good friend give her the much needed attention that she deserved. Learned quite a bit about detailing and got my hands dirty as well lol. I still can't believe how great a shape the paint is after 24 years!

- - - Updated - - -

holy snap our mod list is really similar and we both went from prelude to s2k to nsx lol.
You're a Honda fan-boy just like me! Haha

Post pics of the car with the CE's... And guys, in the short time I've known him, Fernando is a really good guy with a passion for the car.

October 2015:
A) JDM Nav Pod & Nexus tablet -After spending some quality time in the cockpit of the NSX, I've fallen in love with everything about it EXCEPT the lack of a double-din. Seeing peoples retro fit double-din into the OEM housing just didn't look right and could tell that sun-glare is an obvious problem. Primers to the rescue, yet again! I wanted a simple plug-n-play option that would allow me to retain my factory console and go for that "OEM +" look. Thanks to @clean_green for posting his solution. I opted for the 2013 Nexus 7 32GB tablet. My plan was to use my old wireless charging pod and bluetooth cassette tape to have everything sync up and not mess with any splicing of wires. I am extremely happy with how everything came up. I still need to play around with some of the settings so things stay on/off when they need to. Would recommend this to all:

For now, I'm simply using the "magnet trick" which wakes the tablet up when I pass a small magnet across the screen. I decided to add a small block to help provide more support when pressing on the bottom portion of the screen. Used velcro to add the bar, so that screen is not going anywhere!

Ran a single USB cable behind the radio to then plug in directly to my USB plug:

Finished product:

Night-time shots:

Random shots a good friend for me:

B) JDM NSX-R Full Black Headliner conversion - Many thanks to Adnan from A.S. Motorsports for sourcing me one straight from Honda Japan! Onto the pics to keep everyone engaged. OEM packaged goodies - almost a sin having to rip through the plastic :eek:

Out with the dirty, dirty old:

Random NSX selfie:

Things coming apart:

Comparison shots Old vs New:

Coming together:

These are the only "finished" pictures I have so far:

236BBDF5-98F2-48F6-A570-19D12E9CD707.jpg

November 2015:
A) Diamond Black Volk CE28 in 17x8+33 and 18x9.5+22 & AD08R in 215/40/17
- after having these tires sitting for almost two months, my wheels finally arrived!

Here they are being packaged by previous seller for its voyage from LA to NYC:

Luckily caught this shot on my way into work....bonus shot of Charlotte trying to set up her web in my cluster:

I finally got the wheels installed and needless to say, I'm in LOVE with the car even more! This offset and tire size is perfect in my eyes! I do need to adjust height and add some camber due to the crappy NYC roads. I'm currently rubbing on all four corners but only on big dips. I'm able to turn full-lock and no rubbing, so that's a plus! Here are some pictures of the install - I also included a short video immediately after putting them on.

Video:

I had a great time with the NE Crew at the Fall Bear Mountain Run! Amazing roads, beautiful backdrop and the sweet, sweet tune of NSX's!

Lamchop168(Frankie) got some great footage of me as we carved through some fun roads:

B) iKonik LED for interior and exterior - I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who hasn't already. It helps modernize the interior of the car.

C) Moddiction Blue-tinted Convex Mirrors (same as s2k) - I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who hasn't already. It helps modernize the exterior of the car and helps not get blinded by peoples headlights.

D) NSX-R 4.23 Final Drive Kit & OEM JDM Short Gears - This is the perfect upgrade combo to the NA1 transmission, hands down! Based on countless reviews online, everyone’s feedback is that it makes the 5-speed driving experience ideal as it gives the NSX a sportier shifting feel - more similar to that of an S2000. These are currently for sale as I may use the funds for another mini-project I have in the works.

Last edited:
Nice looking car! I like your old prelude also. I recently picked up a 1999 Pearl White 5spd and have been enjoying the heck out of it.

*edit* might as well share a photo

RJu0VE.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of red NSXs being bought this year. :)

I noticed the same trend. But could not be happier with my unique example :biggrin:

Post pics of the car with the CE's... And guys, in the short time I've known him, Fernando is a really good guy with a passion for the car.

Thanks J! Can't wait to see the new changes you have planned for your Spa Yellow! :cool:

Nice looking car! I like your old prelude also. I recently picked up a 1999 Pearl White 5spd and have been enjoying the heck out of it.

Nice! I had some memorable times with my prelude getting into the "car scene" back then lol. I think things would have been very different if I started with a 5-speed and not a tiptronic :rolleyes: But worked out as it had to :smile:

I noticed the same trend. But could not be happier with my unique example :biggrin:

I think I got mine about a month before yours. Formula Red is the fastest color, everyone knows that. ;) I'm probably going to do the NavPod/Nexus7 in a pretty similar manner to what you did.

If you look in the app store, there's an app that turns power on/off when power is applied. That would save you using the magnet trick everytime.

December 2015:

A) Zanardi Rear Sway Bar (19mm)
- for Spring 2016, I will be focusing on upgrading some of the suspension components, including NSX-R front chassis bars and non-compliance pivots

B) Momo Tuner 350mm wheel w/ NSX-R Horn & Works Bell Quick Release Rapfix II - After upgrading the headliner, lights and navigation pod, the next thing that I felt would help modernize the interior was a smaller wheel. The OEM looks nice but it's just way too big. Hopefully I can install this next Spring.

AE5524F3-D31B-4E4E-9F09-BA5B9EF58359.jpg

F1D1434C-A6AF-42FC-B4BD-47F4B49D6737.jpg

2F0414B2-886E-49DE-890A-9FD5A3E0690F_1.jpg

C) 2002 Berlina Black S2000 - Noticing the drop in prices, I came across a great deal and jumped immediately on it. Had a friend fly out midwest to pick it up for me. After inspecting it, there are definitely some areas that need some attention but given the offer I got it for and clean title, not bad at all. Will be my winter daily/project. Rare combo for sure with the OEM red interior. Out of all the model years, it was only offered on the MY2002.

88692A50-9D2F-4B11-B3B3-96A50F07040F.jpg

9206FB79-970C-4535-974E-C425CF278E50.jpg

95027F0C-E31A-49CF-9268-4FE85199CC5C_1.jpg

3CDF5116-8928-4025-A382-0B94BFE1A82A.jpg

D) Winter Storage - With this crazy warm NYC weather, I've been second guessing when to store her but given my upcoming travel plans, away she goes:

2CA87B69-8879-428E-ADBA-7700BB885621_13.jpg

B03FEBA1-EBBB-4FA7-9578-5837006B2B9D_14.jpg

3688584B-CF11-49C2-8A9C-EFEC97759673_12.jpg

26C44778-112D-44CF-AA0A-39C5BDD2B07B_23.jpg

C57073E1-F7FA-4265-8C75-CB02669CF538_4.jpg

Some additional shots taken by some good friends:

B94561FA-B7C0-4CC6-A5AA-2C74C7DE6E9F.jpg

8BD013A3-E065-42AE-B110-787A32A0FB71.jpg

7BE7F8F7-0471-4127-9D8A-0144FC10FFAE.jpg

4610018D-4F2F-48F0-97B9-9F1AB84BB377.jpg

453E518F-A9D3-4181-B61A-C72D01794350.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics and a well documented adventure. Shame we dont have In-N-Out in the NY/NJ area. Best burgers anywhere, although Ive recently tried 5 Guys and they are pretty close. Obviously, IMO of course. Congrats on the NSX purchase and enjoy the ride. I need to get my act together and buy another S2000 already. I sold mine years ago and need to stop procrastinating. Have an open garage spot calling her name. Love the Times Square pics and beyond love that M3/4 pic!

Fernando, it was pleasure meeting up with you at this year's last Bear Run! Hope to see you again!

p.s. I did a Navpod with a 7" Garmin with wireless backup camera. No glare and easy to use.

frankie

Great build and better story. I love seeing all the broken necks in the nyc photo.

Wonderful thread. Great idea to document your experience. Your trip home made me think of my drive from Brian at Source1 to Florida. Very special feeling - driving all those hours and experiencing the magic.
Love the Time Sq photo! Was this a special event?
Awesome finish on your paint. What did the detailer use on it?

I knew you'd be back in an S2000.

Sadly, just as quickly as it came into my garage...it left. I sold it to a good guy in NJ who's been loving every minute of it. I enjoyed it for a few months but realized it would be a slippery slope with wanting to simultaneously mod two cars at once.

Great pics and a well documented adventure. Shame wedont have In-N-Out in the NY/NJ area. Best burgers anywhere, although Iverecently tried 5 Guys and they are pretty close. Obviously, IMO of course.Congrats on the NSX purchase and enjoy the ride. I need to get my act togetherand buy another S2000 already. I sold mine years ago and need to stopprocrastinating. Have an open garage spot calling her name. Love the TimesSquare pics and beyond love that M3/4 pic!

Thank you for the kind words. In-N-Out is always my first stop when on the west coast. Don’t get me started on burgers…I can never turn one down LOL. I'm always looking for a new spot to try.

Fernando, it was pleasure meeting up with you at thisyear's last Bear Run! Hope to see you again!

p.s. I did a Navpod with a 7" Garmin with wireless backup camera. No glareand easy to use.

frankie

Thanks Frankie! Can’t wait for more consistent warm weather to start taking the X out. Was going to try to make C&C NJ yesterday but something came up.

Great build and better story. I love seeing all thebroken necks in the nyc photo.

Thanks! Hah, yeah it was pretty cool driving through the city seeing people’s reactions - what wasn’t cool was avoiding all the damn pot-holes LOL.

Wonderful thread. Great idea to document your experience.Your trip home made me think of my drive from Brian at Source1 to Florida. Veryspecial feeling - driving all those hours and experiencing the magic.
Love the Time Sq photo! Was this a special event?
Awesome finish on your paint. What did the detailer use on it?

I’ve tried doing the same with my last few cars (on different forums) and it’s actually nice to look back at years later (thank God I never embraced the ricey look). The drive back was a blast, especially those open roads in Mexico…

The Time Square shot was an event hosted by some friends to welcome a group of photographers visiting NYC. Other than the pot-holes, it was nice to get out and enjoy some Halal Guys afterwards.

You my friend.....have a commitment problem [emoji38].Great write up.

I love all cars equally...well, maybe some more than others (2 Evo's, 2 S2K's) LOL. Thanks for the kudos! I've ordered a few more parts that I'm looking forward to installing once the weather warms up.

Last edited:
Picking her up from Larry B in the morning after getting some much needed maintenance and suspension install. Will update my thread soon :)

what did you do with the suspension?

what did you do with the suspension?

I was luckily able to get on Larry Bastanza schedule basically last minute for some much needed attention. I will be participating in the annual Spring s2ki Tail of The Dragon Run in a few weeks and wanted to get the car geared up for some proper fun.

I originally had the following intended to be serviced by Larry:
- Install NSX-R Front and Lower Chassis Bars
- Install NSX-R Front Sway
- Install NSX Type S Rear Sway
- Install TiDave's End Links
- Replace CV boots on rear right and left shafts
- All fluid changes

It took Larry about 5 seconds to also point out that I had a leaking clutch cylinder LOL. I had absolutely no idea until I saw it oozing in. So Larry recommended replacing both the Master and Slave cylinders.

I can't thank Larry enough for accommodating me and opening his house to a complete stranger. What an awesome and knowledgeable guy! And that backyard view is incredible!

Unfortunately I only drove the car straight to the garage and haven't taken it out since so I didn't get much opportunity to try some twisties but I will say that the car feels much better planted. Making a sudden turn of the steering wheel I felt much less body roll then before. I can't wait to try it out at The Dragon.

Only other part left for me to install is my new steering wheel set up. Just need to find the time :-(

I will be participating in the annual Spring s2ki Tail of The Dragon Run in a few weeks and wanted to get the car geared up for some proper fun.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

I'm definitely interested to hear your thoughts on the chassis bars and sway bars as I am contemplating how to make my NSX turn a little flatter. What spring rates are on your BC's?

I copied Billy Johnson's old personal car setup and am running KW V3 with 8k/8k Swift springs, TiDave end links, and all stock swaybars and compliance bushings. It does well on the Dragon, but I would like for it to turn a little flatter if possible. Where did you find the bars?

Last edited:
I was luckily able to get on Larry Bastanza schedule basically last minute for some much needed attention. I will be participating in the annual Spring s2ki Tail of The Dragon Run in a few weeks and wanted to get the car geared up for some proper fun.

I originally had the following intended to be serviced by Larry:
- Install TiDave's End Links
- Replace CV boots on rear right and left shafts
- All fluid changes

It took Larry about 5 seconds to also point out that I had a leaking clutch cylinder LOL. I had absolutely no idea until I saw it oozing in. So Larry recommended replacing both the Master and Slave cylinders.

I can't thank Larry enough for accommodating me and opening his house to a complete stranger. What an awesome and knowledgeable guy! And that backyard view is incredible!

Unfortunately I only drove the car straight to the garage and haven't taken it out since so I didn't get much opportunity to try some twisties but I will say that the car feels much better planted. Making a sudden turn of the steering wheel I felt much less body roll then before. I can't wait to try it out at The Dragon.

Only other part left for me to install is my new steering wheel set up. Just need to find the time :-(

You should be pretty noticeable difference with the chassis bar and the front sway bar.

Larry B is the best. He did the complete engine, hose, brake system maintenance on my car when I got it last year. I had to replace my clutch master and slave cylinder (they were leaking and I ran out of fluid several times. I ordered parts and was working with my brother in North Jersey on the install.

attachment.php

We had been working at it for sometime and after a conversation with Larry we determined we had bad parts. Larry lives about 40 minutes from my brother's house. He said to sit tight and got into his car with parts and made a house call to fix the car! This was on a Sunday!
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/10d67d40/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Back